Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, John said:

That was what I had been thinking about the Championship if he still had the motivation to try to do it with us this season. I agree at £3m + it is a deal that would seem to suit both us and the player.   

I did think that too, he's obviously got talent as he's showed it but all too rarely. I think he could've done well in the Championship for us, but if he wants to go then might as well let him I suppose. There are others I'd have prefer to see the back of first, but I don't suppose it's as easy as that in reality.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a m ole said:

only disappointment is that we didn't have shrewd negotiators like those on VillaTalk, otherwise we could have sold him two weeks earlier for considerably less money. Or better yet, paid off his contract to let him go for a loss. If only they had listened earlier.

Did anyone on here actually say that though?  I recall a few been quite keen to accept the £3m offer but don't recall anyone saying we should pay off his contract? 

• Like 1

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Did anyone on here actually say that though?  I recall a few been quite keen to accept the £3m offer but don't recall anyone saying we should pay off his contract? 

There have been people on here suggesting we pay off a lot of players' contracts. Something that would cost tens of millions of pounds.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There have been people on here suggesting we pay off a lot of players' contracts. Something that would cost tens of millions of pounds.

Players like Gabby yes, not Sinclair. Remember it will also cost tens of millions of pounds to keep those players as well - probably far more then if we negotiated a settlement. IF a player is definitely not going to play and can't be sold it makes little financial sense to just keep them on the books.  If RDM can use the said player then that is a different matter altogether.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

No not one person

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

4.5 mill lol.... talk about robbery

Doc turpin looks as though he could take Daniel Levy's crown of getting big money for sh#t. 

£10 for Bacuna anyone?url]url]17

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Doc turpin looks as though he could take Daniel Levy's crown of getting big money for sh#t. 

£10 for Bacuna anyone?url]url]17

We should do BOGOF!

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm still expecting RdM and Clarke to use their connections and get someone on loan from Chelsea, however I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen end of August/start of sept when Conte has been in longer and knows who he doesn't want/need.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek would be great, I don't know if he would drop down to the  Championship, I think he's a great, young player though

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

Where is this speculation for Morris on coming from? Surely not just the fact he has started following AVFC on Twitter? Anything more concrete than that?

There have been rumours about us signing Morrison for at least a month now, but no idea what the source is

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Hope not. An 8 in 58 striker is not the answer. Not even worth a punt at this stage.

He's played a lot of games as an attacking midfielder and has a lot of substitute appearances as he's young. I'd be happy enough with a player like him coming in to bulk up the squad so long as we got 2 other attackers of more proven quality.  there's a decent video of bammou on YouTube showing all his touches in a game vs bourdeux.

35 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Players like Gabby yes, not Sinclair. Remember it will also cost tens of millions of pounds to keep those players as well - probably far more then if we negotiated a settlement. IF a player is definitely not going to play and can't be sold it makes little financial sense to just keep them on the books.  If RDM can use the said player then that is a different matter altogether.

But I think a m ole's post was a tongue in cheek jibe at those posts.

FWIW I think those suggesting paying off a load of players as a viable option are in dreamland. It just doesn't and won't happen.

• Like 2

Also, I think the suggestion that it would have been better for us to accept the lower offer rather than wait and get the most we can out of the deal to be absurd.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

There have been rumours about us signing Morrison for at least a month now, but no idea what the source is

He posted on Twitter ages ago that he'd gone to Birmingham with a little battery sign that looked a bit like a medical symbol, then Trent a little later mentioned him, now he is following the club.  I think it's pretty likely if Sinclair followed Gil out the door that he will come in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also, I think the suggestion that it would have been better for us to accept the lower offer rather than wait and get the most we can out of the deal to be absurd.

Not nearly as absurd as the suggestions that we should have an entire side of new signings in place by now.

Bear in mind that many who are celebrating the fact that we held out for more money are the exact same people who think we should pay the first figure dreamt up by the selling club.

If people could accept that these deals work exactly the same, both ways, there would be far less drama on here.

1 minute ago, Butterfingers said:

Not nearly as absurd as the suggestions that we should have an entire side of new signings in place by now.

Bear in mind that many who are celebrating the fact that we held out for more money are the exact same people who think we should pay the first figure dreamt up by the selling club.

If people could accept that these deals work exactly the same, both ways, there would be far less drama on here.

Both suggestions are absurd.

If anyone thought we were going to have a complete squad clearout this summer then they were kidding themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

No not one person

Actually they did, it was about a week ago. I remember because I got involved with the debate saying it was a ridiculous thing to do

• Like 1