Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Marseille have entered into talks with Aston Villa over midfielder Idrissa Gueye, having triggered his £7.1million release clause.

He moved to Villa last summer after spending five years with Lille, however, following Villa's relegation to Championship, he is now keen on returning to France.

From Skysports.com

Edited by Donniewyer
Updated.

7 minutes ago, Donniewyer said:

Marseille have entered into talks with Aston Villa over midfielder Idrissa Gueye, having triggered his £7.1million release clause.

He moved to Villa last summer after spending five years with Lille, however, following Villa's relegation to Championship, he is now keen on returning to France.

From Skysports.com

Oh well if they have triggered a release clause and he wants out nothing we can but say adieu. Shame as i think he would have been a 'useful' player in the championship, but at 7m he is replaceable.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Just because a buy-out clause has been activated doesn't mean we have to accept that as a selling price. 

I hope we play hardball over Gueye but if we do end up selling him, we could do worse than replacing him with Derby's Jeff Kendrick.

12 minutes ago, Donniewyer said:

From Skysports.com

Good.

Bought in as Delph's replacement but wasn't anywhere near good enough, sadly. 

Vertout out next please. Another Paddy Riley French midfielder mistake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Just because a buy-out clause has been activated doesn't mean we have to accept that as a selling price. 

I hope we play hardball over Gueye but if we do end up selling him, we could do worse than replacing him with Derby's Jeff Kendrick.

Sorry to disappoint you but that is exactly what it means. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Just because a buy-out clause has been activated doesn't mean we have to accept that as a selling price. 

That is exactly what it means.

13 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Oh well if they have triggered a release clause and he wants out nothing we can but say adieu. Shame as i think he would have been a 'useful' player in the championship, but at 7m he is replaceable.

We won't get a better player to come here...and not for 7m

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Either I'm being stupid or you don't understand what a buy-out clause is :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Good.

Guyed is a DM who played box-to-box the season before he joined us because his club had an injury crisis.

As a DM for us he was the 2and best DM in the prem, only a hiker behind N'golo Mantel at Leicester.

We should be talking about him as a £25m player.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We won't get a better player to come here...and not for 7m

I agree.  In the championship players like him and Veretout would be brilliant signings for us if we were looking to buy them.  We will not replace for 7M in the current market

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Either I'm being stupid or you don't understand what a buy-out clause is :blink:

I guess he is tring to say to do what Liverpool did to Arsenal over Suarez.

The problem is we have no idea of the actual clause in either case.

22 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

i think he would have been a 'useful' player in the championship, but at 7m he is replaceable.

I think £7m is very low in todays market, lets not forget that Scott Sinclair and Ashley Westwood are currently being talked about as £6m players. 

8 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

As a DM for us he was the 2and best DM in the prem, only a hiker behind N'golo Mantel at Leicester.

We should be talking about him as a £25m player.

Wooooh there soldier, lets not get to carried away. 

I guess i would value him somewhere in the middle of the 2 posts above, it therefore follows that i would be upset to see him leave as i feel he could be a big player in the championship. 

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

I agree.  In the championship players like him and Veretout would be brilliant signings for us if we were looking to buy them.  We will not replace for 7M in the current market

Exactly this!

A championship team will not attract better players than this. Its a buy out clause so it is what it is. The only thing we can do about it is offer him a new deal which is more attractive than any offers coming in. Its a lot easier (and probably cheaper) than trying to replace him.

33 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Good.

Good idea. Let's get rid of our better players and hold onto the duds.

• Like 3