Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Lasse Schone always looked decent for Ajax though was maybe 2 seasons ago last time I saw him, wonder if he still at a decent level and b. would he be interested in joining

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

They're short in the left back department - Moreno just doesn't cut it.  It's a risk after his injury but I think Liverpool were looking at him previously?  Really wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Moreno is much better than Amavi (currently at least).

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Besides, always quite liked Villa anyway and always thought SHA was a nothing club.

It probably makes me happier than it should to see fans of other clubs refer to them as both SHA and a "nothing club".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I hear Amavi is off to pool?

Not at all... Lpool will be looking abroad, specifically the Bundesliga for a leftback and are strongly linked to Hector the German International. They won't go for Amavi.

It's definitely true they are looking for a new leftback, since Moreno can't defend to save his life and he is very average at going forward. But Amavi stays!

I think Amavi and Moreno are very similar in terms of quality - I really don't think Amavi would be a big improvement for them. Before the Europa League final Moreno had started to build a pretty good reputation for himself. Amavi had a couple of shockers for us similar to Moreno's in that final.

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Di Matteo should use his connections and go and get Salomon Kalou, now that would be a coup for the Championship

Just had an unreal season with Hertha, no chance he'd take the step down now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

My sources tell me he is along with Defoe and Kiyotake.  How about all three then? :D

Kiyotake is the God of Football Manager Commercial Income... I'd take him any day ;)

I want Britt Assombalonga. Someone who's young and proven he can score at this level at the very least. His injury would have to check out first, but he's someone I'd spend relatively big for.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I want Britt Assombalonga. Someone who's young and proven he can score at this level at the very least. His injury would have to check out first, but he's someone I'd spend relatively big for.

Been out for 15ish months with a broken kneecap, better check it thoroughly ;) 

read a bit about him, all sounds verry promising before the injury, hopefully he comes back in the same shape. But i doubt you get off without any long lasting effects with that type of injury

On 6/2/2016 at 17:48, Bunnski said:

Oliver Norwood from Reading could be an option, I don't know too much about him but he's a solid midfielder for Championship level and could happen due to links with Clarke. It looks like he didn't play much when Clarke arrived at Reading but played nearly every game in his second season.  He wouldn't be a world beater but would add depth to our squad and a lot of Championship experience. 

I would love this, but for a really stupid reason. Norwood was the lynchpin in my Football Manager 2011 long term save with Maidenhead United. He was my captain as we rose from non-league obscurity all the way to the Premier League. I've picked him up in a few subsequent FM games and he's always a bit of a lucky charm for me.

I have seen him play in a few matches (cup games mostly) and from what I've seen, he's not much different to Westwood, same style of player -- good passer, decent ability to read the game, doesn't really get stuck in, seems anonymous sometimes. One difference though is that he's excellent at free kicks and corners.

On 3 June 2016 at 09:40, bobzy said:

They're short in the left back department - Moreno just doesn't cut it.  It's a risk after his injury but I think Liverpool were looking at him previously?  Really wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I'm not ITK one bit, but if it helps reassure people my Liverpool friend is adamant that they are after a young Leicester left back called Chilwell.  He thinks Amavi would only be considered, along with others, if they fail to land him.