Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

At least we might win a few games in the Championship.  I'm getting a bit tired of going down to villa Park these days.  

Don't go then. The only thing making you go is you.

The only thing making me go is the £50 a month I've got to pay for another 6 months...

Just hoping my son and some mate of his will go to the Arsenal game when he is back from Uni - I just can't stomach another afternoon of that 'entertainment'.

At least we might win a few games in the Championship.  I'm getting a bit tired of going down to villa Park these days.  

Don't go then. The only thing making you go is you.

The only thing making me go is the £50 a month I've got to pay for another 6 months...

Ooh bummer!

Some absolutely pathetic performances today from a few of them. Back four is so uncoordinated it's a joke.

Thoughts on this?

4-2-3-1

Guzan

Richards Okore Ilori Clark

Veretout Gueye

Adama Gil Grealish

Ayew

I went today first time since the blues game 35000 I am amazed we can still pull a crowd like that!  It was entertaining and I can't really have a go if we try but aren't good enough.  We certainly had a go and looked ok at times.  Obviously defence is shocking but you gotta have hope that we get the rub of the green soon.  The future looks bleak but we are all in it together.  Villa till we die as they say 

• Like 1

The defence were horrible.  Watford didn't even have to try to win the game; we simply provided the opportunities to score to them.

My personal low was the Watford fans singing "You're going down with the Bournemouth".

Now that is humiliating, and a measure of how far we've fallen.

Thought we were unlucky individual mistakes cost us again ,what worries me is Watford didn't okay well and still beat us ,Think Remi will become a good manager for us it will just take time and obviously a lot of the players aren't good enough aswell think it's becoming nailed on we will go down but look one result and we might go on a run but it needs to happen fast still hope but we are in dire straits .

After today, I am really looking forward to next season. Why? 2 reasons.

1. If we stay up ( and that is about a big an 'if' as you could possibly imagine, and one that I don't believe for a second) it would mean that we had Won a lot of games against decent teams, giving hope for the future.

2. If we go down (almost guaranteed),  we stand a chance of winning more times than not. We might even challenge for a trophy,  albeit the Championship trophy. I just want to go to VP and see us win regularly. I don't care if we are beatin Chelsea or Walsall.

PS  Garde is definitely the right man, long term.

• Like 1

At 3-2 they had a corner and we had no one on the half way line at all, Ayew was 5 yards into our half as the most forward player.WHY

Guzan continues to hoof it to the left side for the 3rd season running, Taora was in miles of space on the right today....WHY

Tom **** Fox has picked the management team but he hasn't got a Scooby **** Do about soccer , he was Arsenals commercial guy WHY

WHY oh why do I **** cry. UTV keep the faith , 130 years of history means we will never die 

4 hours ago, Thevillanofoz said:

Guzan - not good enough

Hutton - squad player at best

Clark - not good enough

Richardson - not good enough

Richards - as a centre back? Not good enough

Gana - not good enough

Veretout - not good enough

Sanchez - not good enough

Gil- terrible game

Sinclair - squad player at best

Ayew - Alright but not a natural goal scorer, so Not good enough.

And that is why we are utterly shafted

And how can I honestly argue with that.

He ,Remi  needs to be left alone......and just rebuild the lot.

They never in the reign of pigs pudding had 3 goals in them...we have a soft underbelly.

we are absolutely not unlucky....we are just losers.

if we had of played on our own....we would have lost.....we don't need opposition.

• Like 3

We play badly, we lose. We play reasonably well, we lose. That's a bad sign - I thought we played reasonably well today, but lapses of concentration and plain old simple idiotic mistakes cost us.

I hope the FA take a look at Deeney's celebration, inciting a crowd is a dangerous business. He keep on chirping away at the fans around the pitch for all of the extra time too. I don't like him and I wish him foul luck.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We play badly, we lose. We play reasonably well, we lose. That's a bad sign - I thought we played reasonably well today, but lapses of concentration and plain old simple idiotic mistakes cost us.

I hope the FA take a look at Deeney's celebration, inciting a crowd is a dangerous business. He keep on chirping away at the fans around the pitch for all of the extra time too. I don't like him and I wish him foul luck.

he is an epitome of everything that is wrong with us.

I like Garde. I feel he will sort us out, even if it takes a season in the Championship. I also like Ayew, I hope he sticks around, he has real passion and respects the club and fans. 

Dont know how Veretout could be criticised today, thought he didn't put a foot wrong all match.

can we sign Joey Barton please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I like Garde. I feel he will sort us out, even if it takes a season in the Championship. I also like Ayew, I hope he sticks around, he has real passion and respects the club and fans. 

Dont know how Veretout could be criticised today, thought he didn't put a foot wrong all match.

can we sign Joey Barton please.

Really? I thought his passing was abysmal today

Well that was a shit sandwich of a result. That was actually one of our better performances today. The first half we should have been miles ahead yet somehow it was 1-1. You could say we were a bit unlucky but at the end of the day we didn't get our chances and our defence is useless. I would have brought Gestade on after 55 mins considering the amount of corner we had today and how shaky Watford looked in defending them.  Villa lost focus after the lengthy injury break and once it was 2-1 it was all over tbh. Watford are poo and I would be surprised if they finish out of the bottom 5. At the moment I would be suprised if Villa finished above 20th.

Will we win a game at home this season?