limpid

Very poor. Second half will be interesting. A heavy defeat so early under a new manager can kill the "bounce" effect no doubt.

Bad results in the other games also - if Newcastle manage to beat Leicester - we will be 3 wins from safety - which even this early in the season is going to be a very big ask.

This team is far too lightweight. It's been atrocious so far. 

I'm sorry to have to say this but at the moment we cannot afford to have Gil, Grealish, and Ayew playing side-by-side. No grit whatsoever. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

A little credit to Everton I think - they're a good side and will finish in the top 6 I reckon.

I'm afraid Remi has played right into their hands today too. No doubt Everton are a good team but our line up today was stupid. 

Minimum 2 changes at HT. We need a bit of presence in midfield so Sanchez on for Westwood or Veretout, and either Richardson needs to come off or he needs some support down that side.

Just now, Fab said:

This team is far too lightweight. It's been atrocious so far. 

I'm sorry to have to say this but at the moment we cannot afford to have Gil, Grealish, and Ayew playing side-by-side. No grit whatsoever. 

You can add Veretout to that list, total non-presence, 

Every week we're getting bested by superior athletes.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agreed, this is the worst Villa team I've seen in my lifetime, absolutely disgusting.

Without any kind of childish exaggeration because of the score, I honestly don't think I've ever seen a worse Premier League team. I wouldn't fancy this lot to beat Derby of a few years ago, not a chance.