limpid

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Harsh but true, for the fee we paid for him we probably could have signed someone who would have contributed a lot more by now. 

Most teams who find themselves in the position we do.....is down to poor recruitment for too long a period.....we simply don't learn.

we all look at silky skills and ignore substance/ character/physical presence.

every time we sign a player, he would'nt qualify for the police force.....when are we going to sign a player who can mix it physically.....Micah is an exception rather than the rule.

we are absurdly lightweight....mentally and physically.

• Like 3

I can't understand why Garde has not implemented anything he did at Lyon, he never played 4-3-3/4-5-1 at Lyon. 

I'm resigned to the fact we could play the Mike Bassett 'Christmas Pudding' and it'd make no difference with these players.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I disagree strongly, not one of our players has shown any ability at all and they would all struggle to get into any of the other teams. What are you basing your judgement on that our squad is not worse than the others ? 

Because it just can't be. Look at the players - loads of internationals, loads of PL experience, its bizarre.

However, if the players are good enough, I'm not sure what the reason is for our current position.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

I can't understand why Garde has not implemented anything he did at Lyon, he never played 4-3-3/4-5-1 at Lyon. 

Probably because he had decent players at Lyon and could afford to play 2 centre midfielders in a 4-4-1-1

With the personnel we have your practically forced into playing 3 CM's every week 

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think the 4-4-1-1 would work with Ayey in front of Grealish - it's the perfect position for Grealish, he can do what he's good at without the extra responsibility. 

Just now, tarjei said:

Commentator thinks Gestede can hold the ball up well. Clearly he hasn't seen Gestede play but goes on about it like he knows what's best.

He's tall therefore must be good at holding the ball up.

Football fact #265

• Like 1