The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

The players are utterley diabolical but he needs to go too.

Obviously the players cannot be arsed to listen to him or play for him.

I hope he walks away.

Au Revoir, Remi - with different players and different circumstances it may have been better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

thats  your opinion and your very welcome to this,however i'm pretty sure you'll hear term a number of times between now and the end of the season in quite a few media outlets

I'm sure I will, and I'll hold my opinion that it means **** all. 

Said In January it was too soon for fans (and even more ludicrously Hollis) to give him a Free Pass and that he should be judged, and continue to be judged, by his all round performances (not just results, we all accept there would be few good ones, but spirit, attitude, tactics, etc etc aswell). I thought he should continue being assessed and, by maybe mid-March, had most things gone well, we could have considered him staying.  Had things not gone well I would have been in favour of yet another change because Id rather the new guy saw what he had for a couple of months.

For a couple of weeks, a few weeks ago, I thought he had edged slightly towards being worth keeping

There can be no question at all now that given the last few weeks, the results, performances, team spirit, lack of fight, his own comments that players aren't training for him, and general sense of going backwards since his slight improvement, he is now very much on the negative side of the equation.

Whilst I still wouldn't jump in just yet, Id say just a couple more chances, if they carry on as they are, then, if still as bad, get shot.

The new Manager will need to have seen these players up close.  He will need to be an almighty tough nut.  He will need to want to restructure stuff all through the playing side.  He will need  to be available now.  He will also need his head examining.  I cant stand Moyes or Pearson, but to me it is increasingly obvious the Board will be looking at these two in particular, and I wouldn't blame them if we got either.

• Like 1

Not to blame for shit players but is to blame for constantly rigid and ineffective tactics. We never have players in the box, our players don't even see the ball for most of the matches we play.

My limp penis on a cold day is more inspiring. 

This bloke is a complete dud.

I hope he doesn't wait. I want him to walk away tonight. I like him and think he will be successful elsewhere. Him going would be another nail in the coffin of Fox and his chums.

A change might even get us some results. Probably not and we can never stay up now but hey, nothing to lose.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave J said:

please do, i really have no further interest in debating this.

it's such a shame we couldn't piece together our title wining form from the first game of the season and our title winning form against crystal palace over an entire season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Said In January it was too soon for fans (and even more ludicrously Hollis) to give him a Free Pass and that he should be judged, and continue to be judged, by his all round performances (not just results, we all accept there would be few good ones, but spirit, attitude, tactics, etc etc aswell). I thought he should continue being assessed and, by maybe mid-March, had most things gone well, we could have considered him staying.  Had things not gone well I would have been in favour of yet another change because Id rather the new guy saw what he had for a couple of months.

For a couple of weeks, a few weeks ago, I thought he had edged slightly towards being worth keeping

There can be no question at all now that given the last few weeks, the results, performances, team spirit, lack of fight, his own comments that players aren't training for him, and general sense of going backwards since his slight improvement, he is now very much on the negative side of the equation.

Whilst I still wouldn't jump in just yet, Id say just a couple more chances, if they carry on as they are, then, if still as bad, get shot.

The new Manager will need to have seen these players up close.  He will need to be an almighty tough nut.  He will need to want to restructure stuff all through the playing side.  He will need  to be available now.  He will also need his head examining.  I cant stand Moyes or Pearson, but to me it is increasingly obvious the Board will be looking at these two in particular, and I wouldn't blame them if we got either.

Excellent post Terry. Exactly where I am now.

His plan go there park the bus and hope to loose by only a couple of goals. Whilst its mostly not his fault he has failed to get anything out of this bunch of players so its time to say goodbye. Nothing against him, but never ever thought he was the right man to replace Sherwood.

Edited by PaulC

21 minutes ago, terrytini said:

**** these players if they're not playing for him. Is that what you really want, another 4 months of a manager 'taking a close look' at these players and figuring out which ones are and aren't good enough?

If these players aren't playing for Garde they don't deserve to play for anyone. They are employed by Aston Villa and should play for the club, the fans and themselves. ReGARDEless of there feelings of Remi. It is called being professional. Anyway they loved Sherwood and look how that worked out. They're idiots. For all we know Remi has pinpointed the rot and might be hoping to ship out Guzan, Lescott, Richards, Westwood, Gabby etc. but has not had the opportunity. He hasn't even been able to filter them out with the January fiasco. Whoever is manager next season please get players who will play with an ounce of pride.

• Like 2

I get the distinct impression Garde is deliberately playing the "new bomb squad" (Richards, Lescott, Hutton, Gabby, Bacuna etc) as a **** you to both them for being divisive in the dressing room and to Fox, Almstadt etc for screwing him over.

Kind of "you made this bed, now lie in it you pricks" 

Edited by mwj
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Still back him. If we get these cancerous parasites out of the club and he gets his own players in and things are still bad then by all means get rid.

Totally agree. IMO it's the players that are wank not the manager. I still can't understand why the board failed to bring in a single player he wanted in January. If that was me I be pissed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The plan today was working throughout the first half, we just collapsed once we conceded. Like I said a couple days ago though, he still has my support. 

We cant keep clutching to plans that work for a few minutes.  It is the collapsing bit, lack of fight etc, that is the critical bit and it is none existent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Totally agree. IMO it's the players that are wank not the manager. I still can't understand why the board failed to bring in a single player he wanted in January. If that was me I be pissed.

Agree about the players.

But at least a PART of the test for any Manager is managing someone elses players, and on balance, so far, he hasn't done it all that well.

• Like 1

Â