The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know all about his record and I don't think he is a particularly bad manager.

I still stand by my original statement though, he was hired because he was French or at least he spoke French.
Just because he installed an 'English only' policy after being hired means nothing. 

The board, in their infinite footballing wisdom, decided they were going to sign all these French players and having seen it all go tits up, thought hiring a french manager may help. It hasn't. They signed a load of s*** players and now we're stuck with them.

I like Garde, but there's no way he will be here next season. I'll be surprised if he hasn't walked/been fired by the end of this one.

Honestly, anyone who targets the manager needs their head checking. We have 3/4 clowns who have no idea about football running this club. They should be the target of our abuse

#OTDO74

I agree with everything in bold but he just wasn't hired only because he is French. As I said, if it was about him being able to speak French to the French players he wouldn't have banned himself from speaking French to them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Could Sellars be our Rashford?  Probably not but worth a go.

what really is the worst that could happen? that he is as bad as Gestede

I would throw the lad in, he liked decent in pre-season

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-10965919

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde: I am not sleeping very well as you can guess

I really hope he doesn't get ill on account of Villa.

Doubt whether anyone else in the club is losing sleep over our plight and if Garde was going to achieve a miracle turnaround, it would have started by now,

In the version of this published in the Mirror, he says he's not going to the theatre or cinema, just watching football all night.

This sounds quite worrying and in my view his best bet would be to go & watch a film or a play. 

• Like 3

Get well soon Remi.I feel sorry for you,no backing from the board,no intrest from the owner, no depth in the squad,not enough experiance in the team. The list goes on. and on.Im behind you 100% but I am suprised that you are still here...

• Like 1

He says he intends to stay, and rebuild from the Championship if necessary. 

It will be interesting to see what a new method of doing things achieves. I think he will be a good manager, and I am impressed by his dignity and integrity. He has been learning on the job, and I would hope we will stick with him. We might live to regret it if we get rid of him.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Is the board going to back him though ?!

Of course they will, just look at how they delivered on their promises to back him in Jan when they hired him. He will be tasked with winning the Championship using mostly buttons and string found around bodymoor heath. Making sure to not turn any of the fancy machines on or any lights or anything whilst he's there.

19 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Some of Garde's poor and costly decisions:

Persisting with Gestede, Ayew and Veretout as our main attacking threat for so long.

We had no other options - Gabby was injured/disinterested, Kozak not fit and did you really want Sinclair?

Kozak was available since pre season. Gabby was injured around the time Garde arrived but I'm not convinced we did enough to get him involved again. These articles suggest he was axed for failing to impress the manager, left out of match day squads and claim his back injury was a cover up.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gabby-agbonlahors-future-what-next-10689883

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-7071010

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-remi-garde-10882940

Sellars was scoring for the senior squad in pre-season. Sinclair can contribute with goals if used correctly. Traore can set them up and am sure can score also. Gil, Grealish and N'Zogbia in the right mix would have contributed more.

Excluding Kozak then doing a u turn after finally giving him a chance.

Fair enough to both Kozak (who proved his fitness) and for Garde to select him. Kozak didn't pull up any trees and is yet again injured.

Kozak was fit. Sherwood admitted he wasn't using Kozak because he preferred other options instead. Garde wanted to sell Kozak before even trying him. If Gestede's form wasn't beyond terrible Kozak probably wouldn't be here.

Refusing to use Traore other than as a late substitute.

Has suffered numerous niggly injuries and never truly match fit, yet again he's currently injured

Traore was fit but not team-oriented enough or mature enough to feature for Garde as anything other than a late substitute.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adama-traore-remi-garde-tells-10512451

Excluding Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia when they could have benefited us.

Gabby was 'injured' and chose to seek treatment away from the club and was believed to be a negative influence in the dressing room. As for N'Zogbia, was given two chances but preferred to take out random girls from Twitter to dinner rather than put in the effort.

As far as I can tell, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia didn't fit with what Garde wanted to create at Aston Villa. Fair enough but we were not in a position to be choosy. Gabby was our only striker who has shown he can score regularly in the PL and N'Zogbia showed he can make a difference when re-introduced last season. It was a time to get these kind of players fit and motivated and involved not sidelined when we had very few or any better alternatives.

Using Gil mainly as a substitute until not long ago.

Maybe Gil isn't the best of trainers (think this was hinted at in the old regime). Perhaps Garde has made him train harder and then gave him chance.

Maybe Garde had no idea if he was any good or not and am not convinced he rates him all that highly now. Or any of our players actually.

Not trying Jerrell Sellars when we desperately needed a striker and he was scoring and deserved a chance.

We cannot pin our hopes on a prospect and Garde was told he'd be backed in the January window to bring in new players (the result is another matter). To be fair to Garde, he's recently selected Lyden, Davis and Green (although only Lyden has graced the pitch) from the youth set-up

Nobody is pinning their hopes on Jerrell Sellars. We had nothing to lose by giving him a try and potentially a lot to gain.

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

1) Ayew is our best player. Veretout has been our best midfielder. Gestede is crap but we don't exactly have many other options. He brought in Kozak as a last resort. he's also used Gabby, Gil, Sinclair, N'Zogbia at various times. Basically he's used all his options, he persists with the best 3, even though they're the best of a bad bunch.

Gil is our best player. Gana has been our best midfielder. Veretout has shown glimpses only. It's not a coincidence that the minor turning point for Garde came when he introduced Kozak and went away from Gestede/Ayew/Veretout as our main threat.

Agbonlahor, Kozak and Sellars are the best strikers we have. Gil, Traore, Grealish and N'Zogbia our most creative suppliers. The attack needed to be based around these players with Ayew and Sinclair in supporting roles only. Bacuna providing the spark from midfield preferably next to Gana in CM. This was the formula which would have given us the best chance of success. Simple as that.

2) See above. That's a odd way to put it. you could say he gave Kozak a chance when everyone else had excluded him. Regardless, Kozak hardly pulled up trees. He did well in one game, garde carried on playing him and then he's been injured.

I would have been playing Kozak from the beginning of the season. Gestede was flogged to death by Garde before Kozak was given a chance. When Kozak played he looked good despite seeming to be lacking in confidence. I am sure if he was played from the start of the season with the right players around him things would be a lot different now.

3) He's given Traore plenty of minutes, with limited success. But this would be your most valid point. I woudl have liked to have seen Adama more, but can understand why he wasn't used as much as we'd like.

96 minutes over 5 sub appearances. 0 starts. He did more than enough in those appearances to feature more especially considering how desperate we were for a player with his qualities.

4) Horrendously awful argument. N'Zogbia is the worst player in the squad. Gabby has been injured. Now he's fit he's been put into the team (ahead of Gestede, contradicting your first point), and has proved that he's quite shit too.

N'Zogbia is far from the worst player in the squad. He showed he can be an asset when re-introduced last season. Gabby was injured and excluded. See the links in my last post. He was bought back in because Kozak and Gestede were both injured. Otherwise I doubt we would have seen him.

5) Gil has started 12 of Garde's 16 league games. Including his first 3. So this point is nonsense.

Gil was a sub or was subbed early in 6 of Garde's first 7 matches. For a player who I regard as our best that's not what I was hoping to see. 

On 14 February 2016 at 15:24, jim said:

No idea what happened there.

Edited by jim

Â