The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

5 minutes ago, mwj said:

Sorry I must have missed all the Saudi princes lining up to buy us.

Whatever you think, Hollis is now here to run us as a cost cutting sports business, not as a successful football club.

An FYI the role of a chairman is to act in the best interests of the business, not to be the owners yes man. What I hear so far is Hollis seems to be here as a liquidator.

Edited by foreveryoung

Whatever you think, Hollis is now here to run us as a cost cutting sports business, not as a successful football club.

An FYI the role of a chairman is to act in the best interests of the business, not to be the owners yes man. What I hear so far is Hollis seems to be here as a liquidator.

Congratulations, you've just repeated back to me exactly what I just said about 10 posts ago. And you should check your definition of a Chairman if you think he's meant to act in the best interests of the business.

Lerner wants to sell, Hollis is here to make it sellable.

23 hours ago, jon_c said:

Pearson, whose Leicester City side that were on the cusp of relegation, are now top of the league with a different manager.

Yeah he's definitely a better manager than Garde.

Whether he is better suited to us than Remi is a tough one......it is hard to ignore the turn around he acheived at Leicester.

I like Remi and I have it on good authority that he is a thoroughly decent guy.

Is he capable of raising the titanic?.....I really don't know ,too much mess and years regress and too many variables.....He needs webbed feet.

Its going to be a marathon not a sprint.

but at the moment, I change my opinion from week to week, match to match on whether or not we are turning the corner.

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

If Remi would walk, it would be definately be the last nail in the coffin.

1) who would take the job?

2) the players he has got playing/caring/trying would be gone soon thereafter

3) backstaff would also leave

Who's this backstaff? Could he play up front?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

We are not relegated, 45 points are available.  Anyway, good luck in the summer, cause I doubt we will be spending then either, I mean who half decent is gonna come to a relegated team for 10k a week.

Even if we create shock of the century and come back up first season, we then will have to spend serious money to stay in the Premier League, something i'm guessing this board is not planning for. Boing boing anyone.

We are barely in double points and it's February, we had our chance but blew it when we had 1 point from 9 against our rivals it's over get used to it. Of course people will sign for Villa in the summer we are going to be the biggest club in that league and you seem to be plucking weekly wage figures from thin air

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I like Remi and I have it on good authority that he is a thoroughly decent guy.

Is he capable of raising the titanic?.....I really don't know ,too much mess and years regress and too many variables.....He needs webbed feet.

Well, he is French.

sorry

43 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

If it closes without anyone coming in then I'd walk if it was me. **** this club.

He needs a striker. One bloody striker. 

Why?

Will a striker apart from Zlatan or Messi keep us up? Nope.
If we buy one who plays well is there a guarantee he'll stay next year? Nope.
If we choose to play a kid will they be here next year? Very likely.
Would it be useful to bed someone in the Prem so they're ready for the future? Probably a good idea.
Should be pay over the odds in January for a player with reduced worth in the Championship? No.

He also needs a wide man, a battling central midfielder, a keeper and a whole new defence.

I want us to spend but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Its throwing money away unless they're youth players who are decent and need some extra support to progress. Our club will be perfect for that.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

Dear Remi,  I think you are an honourable man.  A man of intelligence and good humour.  A man who knows his own mind and is decent and honest.  You obviously want to do well and have pride in your performance. Ask yourself this question, are you prepared to let the shower of shite ruining our club do the same to your career? For that is what they will do.  You will leave here with it in tatters if you allow them the chance to destroy it.  Walk,  no RUN,  RUN now and get away from this poison that is Aston Villa.  Maybe in that act can you actually achieve what you will be unable to do as manager (while they are controlling things) and contribute to saving us.  Maybe in that one cataclysmic moment of leaving this club will it show to the whole world what a shambles we are and bring focus on the real people to blame .  

• Like 1

Has something happened since last week to make his position worse?  Honest question btw.  I know we've signed no-one, but I've put that down far more to the fact that targets are looking at the league table and saying "I'll wait and see what happens" rather than the board saying you can't have them.

I mean, I know it's a shit situation for Garde, but it has been shit since he arrived.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Why?

Would it be useful to bed someone in the Prem so they're ready for the future? Probably a good idea.
Should be pay over the odds in January for a player with reduced worth in the Championship? No.

He also needs a wide man, a battling central midfielder, a keeper and a whole new defence.

I want us to spend but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Its throwing money away unless they're youth players who are decent and need some extra support to progress. Our club will be perfect for that.

Boy are you living a dream or what ?!

If the club wont spend money to try to stay up what makes you think they will spend money to get promoted ? If/when we get promoted we start the season bottom of the PL, which means we get to be exactly where we are now....except that we have a few championship players in our squad,so where is the money going to come from to buy premier league players ?! so that we can move up from the bottom of the league.

53 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Why?

We are creating chances in the league that even a bang average striker would put away. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The role of a Chairman is to act in the best interests of the shareholders - In our case the only shareholder is Lerner

Â