The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

You know we drew with City when Garde first took over?

When we were at total rock bottom.

We'll probably lose but we have a decent chance.

Edited by StefanAVFC

9 changes, players rested, comfortably through, albeit a fairly dull game. Job done.

Would have been better to do it in the first game, but no complaints about tonight from what I heard.

Not enough effort and desire from certain "players". But he knew that already, he's already weeded those out. He gave them a chance tonight and for the most part they let him down, in particular Grealish.

Changed the game by bringing on a couple of proper footballers. 2 wins from three, 66% win ratio mate, second to none!

• Like 2

Can't blame him at all for tonight. Had to utilise players(although I use the term players loosely) tonight with Saturday in mind. Take Ayew, Gana and Gil out the equation though and you could rename the rest 'The Untouchable's'. For all the wrong reasons.

I appreciate and quite like remi's honesty when assessing the teams and individual performances. Years of Lambert rationalising that he 'couldn't fault the lads for effort' and that 'they gave me 100 percent' regardless of the dross they served up on the pitch was infuriating. I am sure its ruffling a few feathers within the squad but remi appears to say it how it is, which is exactly what our pampered bunch need in my opinion. If they don't like it, move on!

• Like 2

I appreciate and quite like remi's honesty when assessing the teams and individual performances. Years of Lambert rationalising that he 'couldn't fault the lads for effort' and that 'they gave me 100 percent' regardless of the dross they served up on the pitch was infuriating. I am sure its ruffling a few feathers within the squad but remi appears to say it how it is, which is exactly what our pampered bunch need in my opinion. If they don't like it, move on!

Do you have a link to his comments?

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if he signs Debuchy and a new keeper, will that make a massive difference? Will it keep us up?

Bare in mind Debucy will be gone in the summer regardless, so its not building for the future...

No, new striker is a must. Nowhere near enough goals in this team to stay up unless we have about six 1-0s in the run in.

Some advice on tactics from some insane women behind me in Holte this evening:

'Pretend your margarine and spread out'

Thankfully the vast swathes of empty seats meant I could move. 

Â