The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Well Remi making some wholesale changes tonight, weeding out those who're not following his orders?

Even if it doens't work, I like it that he's giving something else a try.

A major cull is needed, and I'll sure Remi thinks so to. Hopefully he gets time to reshape the squad. 

Well, well, well.  That does change the lay of the land.

Finally seeing some kind of improvement.  He went out with an obvious game plan, made the right changes...excellent team selection and we looked better for it.

Oh yeah, and we **** well won.  Gold star for Remi "on garde".

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He needed to show something and he really did tonight. To get a performance like that after the previous 3 results is excellent. Let's hope its the start of something more consistent. 

Indeed, let's hope man.

This was the performance we were all asking for, the performance we needed, fight, passion, every time we lost the ball at least 2 players went sprinting to win it back ! Hopefully it will continue and maybe this victory will help Garde in buying a player or two to the Villa ! 

Great game + we won ! good job Garde, starting 11 spot on. Just hope that Hutton and co. stay away for a while ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

We've had a few performances like that and lost. We finally got the luck we deserved tonight.

This. A very similar game to Newcastle and West Ham imo, but we kept the ball out of our own net which was the major difference. 

Hopefully the psychology of getting the win will help a lot. 

If we could somehow beat Leicester, which is a huge ask, then you never know... ;)

• Like 1

there was a period around 70-75 minutes where Palace were dominating possession and i was thinking he should be making a change. But he put faith in the 11 who had started and they actually got a bit of second wind - we actually looked comfortable in the last 10 minutes.

I also liked how we milked the clock at the end, with the Clark sub and by taking the ball into the corner and holding it there. Little things, but the right decisions at the right times.

• Like 1

Great team effort today!

Whatever Garde and Duverne said (shouted more likely) since the last game it really sunk in.

Was a bit worried with the lack of subs since a few of the players where clearly knackered, but I can see why he didn't wan't to disrupt the form/shape of the team.

Well played monsieur Garde, well played!

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

This was the performance we were all asking for, the performance we needed, fight, passion, every time we lost the ball at least 2 players went sprinting to win it back ! Hopefully it will continue and maybe this victory will help Garde in buying a player or two to the Villa ! 

Great game + we won ! good job Garde, starting 11 spot on. Just hope that Hutton and co. stay away for a while ! 

Reesult aside it was exactly the performance I was looking for.

We could have drawn, probably lost, and I'd be saying the same.

• Like 2

Having been critical of him it's only fair to give praise when deserved too.

Brave team selection but finally Guzan dropped and we get a clean sheet. Finally Kozak plays and it looks like we have a centre forward on the pitch. Lacked a cutting edge but he got a response - finally.

Also, as I said in the match thread - that's the first time in years that I can remember us seeing out a game in such a calm manner. Well done 3pts and a clean sheet.

we had a bit of luck for the first time this season too which was nice.

• Like 2

Â