Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

42 minutes ago, Ulver said:

And I think Ayew actually cares so may well give it a go for a season. 

It's probably just hopeless optimism but part of me thinks this too. His dismay at how things have turned out seem genuine, both on his behalf and ours. Out of all the players we have, he'd most likely be the first to step up to try and get us back up, if only for one season.

• Like 1

The players that look out of contract that I feel we could get now for low fees, or even on jonny bosmans in the summer, wouldn't command back breaking wages either due to their age, statuses etc........... are lads like Sam Byram, James Morrison, Adam Johnson, Tom Huddlestone, Elmohamady.............

And their a rung of players that don't get regular prem football who may sign for us and be open to a year in the championship like Dwight Gayle, Jedinak, Patrick Bamford, Liam Bridcutt  etc.......

Plus a rook of Lower division hopefuls that could make the step up to at least championship that ive seen in recent times, Bradley Dack @ Gillingham, Romain Sawyers and Rico Henry @ Walsall, Adam Armstrong and James Maddison @ Coventry...............

No I think a few of these I know wont get the imagination racing, but we are where we are and IMO they could do the job and be solid in the championship, and if we gain promotion be decent squad options for a newly promoted club............

just a thought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

The players that look out of contract that I feel we could get now for low fees, or even on jonny bosmans in the summer, wouldn't command back breaking wages either due to their age, statuses etc........... are lads like Sam Byram, James Morrison, Adam Johnson, Tom Huddlestone, Elmohamady.............

And their a rung of players that don't get regular prem football who may sign for us and be open to a year in the championship like Dwight Gayle, Jedinak, Patrick Bamford, Liam Bridcutt  etc.......

Plus a rook of Lower division hopefuls that could make the step up to at least championship that ive seen in recent times, Bradley Dack @ Gillingham, Romain Sawyers and Rico Henry @ Walsall, Adam Armstrong and James Maddison @ Coventry...............

No I think a few of these I know wont get the imagination racing, but we are where we are and IMO they could do the job and be solid in the championship, and if we gain promotion be decent squad options for a newly promoted club............

just a thought

fully agree!! other players to look at should include Tom Bradshaw (Walsall) Matty Taylor (Bristol Rovers) Josh Windass (Accrington) Conor Washington (Peterborough) and maybe even Kemar Roofe (Oxford United) who has an impressive record of 13 goals in 21 games this season from midfield and 2 goals yesterday against Swansea.

Edited by Villan4Life

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Newcastle in for Saivet. FM legend.

Obviously Lerner misunderstood Garde.

Lerner asked what do you think about the transfer window in January,  I have some money what do you want.  Garde said Saivet and so Lerner put the cheque book away

• Like 1

We can't compete with that.

Further proof this club belongs in the championship but even there Boro had put a £14m bid in for Rhodes in the summer again we can't compete with that. Really need to hope Derby/Boro etc get promoted to remotely stand a chance of doing anything worthy in the championship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Bournemouth spending £8m on Grabban after £10m on Afobe.

These are exactly the kind of signings we've made over that last few years. And they end up that we can't even shift them for free to get them off the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

These are exactly the kind of signings we've made over that last few years. And they end up that we can't even shift them for free to get them off the wage bill.

Have we?

Who does Afobe reflect? Bent was hardly a promising striker, Weimann from was our youth, Bowery is no comparison at all.

The club needs a rebuild and seasoned pros unless they fit into the what Garde wants should not be bought for the sake of it, we will still be a big pull, go and get all the bright young things from the 2 tiers below and build the first team. 

Ill be happy to take a few years in the Championship if we can deliver a young team who give a shit. 

Ill go back to playing Football Manager.