Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Well ten days into the window and still no strengthening going on. 

Nice to see Lerner and the 3 unwise men not panicking like the fans. 

Would say its fairly obvious now that they have all conceded relegation.

• Like 2

I think we relaly ought to just look at targeting some of the top performers in the championship, and get a proper spine together. Heck, Nathan Baker back next year in defence would probably make us more solid!

• Like 1

Had a dream last night that we signed a French left winger from Marseille who basically saved our season single handedly.

Derder or something he was called. God he was magical. First of 3 signings.

Hes probably doesn't even exist... But I don't have the heart to look it up :(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Duck said:

Had a dream last night that we signed a French left winger from Marseille who basically saved our season single handedly.

Derder or something he was called. God he was magical. First of 3 signings.

Hes probably doesn't even exist... But I don't have the heart to look it up :(

Probably dreaming about Sergi Darder who although Spanish and a central midfielder, plays for Lyon.

We've been linked to him several times in a Jermain Defoe, Miguel and Benny McCarthy type way.

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Probably dreaming about Sergi Darder who although Spanish and a central midfielder, plays for Lyon.

We've been linked to him several times in a Jermain Defoe, Miguel and Benny McCarthy type way.

Sign him up Remi! Nothing to lose at this stage.

Best cases enario is he fulfils the prophecy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The summer transfer window was daring but now obviously flawed.

Everyone could see we needed a major reshuffle but with the club's ownership in a state of flux, a substantial warchest was never going to be provided from club funds, instead our most valuable playing assets (Benteke and Delph) were cashed in to give the vast majority of the transfer budget.

We also got money for the likes of Weimann, Lowton and Sylla who were much-maligned on here, and released the likes of Luna, Bent and Tonev with the vast majority pleased to see the back of them.

It was a major rebuild, but the club failed to spend the money to replace the likes of Benteke and Delph - this is one of the many reasons we're where we are. Properly replacing Vlaar, even though he was a sicknote in his last season wasn't achieved either.

As for budget buys from France - Ayew, Veretout and Amavi were all above £7m (but what does that realistically buy you nowadays?) and I would say have been amongst our better performers this season. The jury is still out on Gana but I think most see there's a player there who can be decent.

The real budget buys - Lescott, Sinclair, Crespo, Illori and to a lesser extent Richards have all failed to impress or even make an impact. Four of the five are from the Premier League - read into that what you will.

The biggest flop seems to be Gestede though but his fee was under £6m - how did anyone at the club expect him to replace Benteke?

The club and sherwood were responsible for the rebuild and now Garde (like him or not) is having to deal with the mistakes made.

He has the toughest of tasks ahead and needs to bring in his players that will listen to how he wants them to play.

Sadly, I don't think the club care about that, the players have switched off and we're not in the best position to attract the right playing staff.

Well said! I actually think Garde is doing OK considering the players he has.  How did anyone think that Gestede would be a replacement for Benteke?  We should start preparing for the championship now and get players that will play for the manager in the way he wants.

The whole team lacks passion,flair and commitment,its like watching 11 zombies every week make the same mistakes over and over.

The team and club needs to be rebuilt from the top down as the cancer we are sufering from starts at randy lerner and trickles down

A lot of fans are saying we will come straight back up when we go down,Not with this team we wont,its so different from the time we went down in 87,we have no backbone.

I have loved the villa since i was 10 and thats over 40 years ago,my heart sinks every time i watch them its as if i know we are going to be crap,and more often than not its true.

We desperately need a new owner who can start again with pride,vision and a commitment to the greatest club in the midlands,here is hoping for a light at the end of this long tunnel!

VTID.

• Like 2

Being so far adrift has massively damaged any transfer aspirations Remi had. He would have had a couple lined up who now have cold feet I'm sure. 

Seeing Bournemouth spend 10m on Afobe and loaning Iturbe hits home that we've been royally done over, and let down. 

If we were still in touch with the pack it would be a different story, but the latest two league defeats have been irreparably damaging. 

• Like 2