Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we have 2 beanpole strikers who are not good enough for this level so we should buy another beanpole striker who has scored double figures twice in 11 years

Kozak is good enough in my opinion, you should've seen him tonight for the u21s, he was outstanding

If he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time, and also possesses the ability to convert a decent percentage of the chances (Bent converted about 1 in 6, I think), I honestly couldn't be bothered about his general play. That alone makes him a nuisance, and the other team must keep that in mind.

3 hours ago, JimmyRimmersGloves said:

speronni and crouch on loan in jan ??

There are a fair few goalkeepers in the prem who would be an improvement on Guzan.

Speronni is not one of them.

• Like 4

How about trying to get Andrej Kramaric (on loan?) from Leicester ? Turned down Chelsea for 1st team football but has only played 4 games this season. A different option upfront. Struggling to think of realistic targets for January given our position. 

46 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How about trying to get Andrej Kramaric (on loan?) from Leicester ? Turned down Chelsea for 1st team football but has only played 4 games this season. A different option upfront. Struggling to think of realistic targets for January given our position. 

He's shite

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's shite

Ok fair enough, I don't know too much about him other than he turned down Chelsea and that big Italian teams and Valencia want him. Just thought he might have something about him. 

I think we should buy a delorean, hit it to 88 and fly back to the early 90s and bring back with us Alan Shearer, Les Ferdinand, Roy Keane, David Ginola, Sol Campbell, Tim Flowers, Paolo Maldini and Efan Ekoku................ Simple

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kozak is good enough in my opinion, you should've seen him tonight for the u21s, he was outstanding

Outstanding?? Bloody hell we've let our standards slip this year! He was decent. Worked hard scored a couple but far from outstanding! He deserves a chance though and is definitely more mobile and seems more willing to graft. 

He wants to be France's number one right-back in time for the European Championships. No way is he going to come to a crap team 20th in the table and cut adrift. The rest of the French national team, apart from Lloris, play for teams in the Champions League. A variety of top European teams will be more than happy to take Debuchy. 

People are absolutely dreaming about the quality of players we're going to be able to attract. Anyone who comes is basically guaranteed to be playing in the Championship next season. Jedinak, Kramaric - these are actual possibilities. Ospina, Campbell, Debuchy - these players can play for teams in the Champions League. It's never ever ever going to happen. 

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/12/07/chima-akas-aston-villa-villains-eyeing-nigeria-international/

Aston Villa are understood to be monitoring Nigeria left-back Chima Akas ahead of the January transfer window, with the player confirming he’s looking for a move.

The full-back has seen his reputation transformed over the last 12 months after breaking into the Super Eagles’ first team and becoming a key player under new coach Sunday Oliseh.

However, he was impotent to prevent his club side, Port Harcourt-based Sharks FC, dropping out of the Nigerian Premier League.

Upon confirmation of their relegation, Akas—who has unseated AS Monaco’s Elderson Echiejile in Nigeria’s starting XI—revealed that he is looking for a move away from the club.

“I will definitely not play in the NNL next season. There are interests from some NPFL teams, but I am keeping the names until there is a deal,” Akas said, as per African Football.

“Relegation of teams is part of football, though nobody wants to taste it. I feel bad that my team, Sharks got relegated, but it was beyond my power to stop it.”

Caught Offside’s sources understand that Villa are considering Akas as a potential solution to their problem left-back spot.

The Villains invested in the problem position during the summer when they signed Jordan Amavi, but a knee injury has prematurely ended the former OGC Nice man’s season.

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He wants to be France's number one right-back in time for the European Championships. No way is he going to come to a crap team 20th in the table and cut adrift. The rest of the French national team, apart from Lloris, play for teams in the Champions League. A variety of top European teams will be more than happy to take Debuchy. 

People are absolutely dreaming about the quality of players we're going to be able to attract. Anyone who comes is basically guaranteed to be playing in the Championship next season. Jedinak, Kramaric - these are actual possibilities. Ospina, Campbell, Debuchy - these players can play for teams in the Champions League. It's never ever ever going to happen. 

Im not sure Debuchy will be that highly sought after, he was playing for Newcastle not too long ago and is 31 now though I wouldnt waste our last loan on a right back as Hutton could do us over until summer

57 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He can't get a game so he needs to be playing its nothing to do with showing his quality or anything long term it's showing your fit and in form. Other teams might go in for him but if we were his only option in the PL there's no reason he wouldn't come IMO. The same goes for a few others not currently playing in their 1st teams. The only thing that'll stop us signing loan players is competition not our league position. Convincing people to come full time may be a trickier issue though. 

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He can't get a game so he needs to be playing its nothing to do with showing his quality or anything long term it's showing your fit and in form. Other teams might go in for him but if we were his only option in the PL there's no reason he wouldn't come IMO. The same goes for a few others not currently playing in their 1st teams. The only thing that'll stop us signing loan players is competition not our league position. Convincing people to come full time may be a trickier issue though. 

not too long ago Portsmouth in similar situation were able get players like D'Alessandro and Pedro Mendes, cant underestimate players wanting play in tournaments

* actually was 10 years ago feels a lot less :P

• Like 1