The VillaTalk Good Pub Guide

Xela

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

When I went to see Frankie Boyle at the Alex a few weeks ago (on a Monday night) I was telling my mate about the Victoria and how we should go there, and how good it is. So, we meet at Brewdog, have a couple then off to the Victoria... only its shut! Doesn't open on a Monday :(  Had to have a can of luke warm Budweiser in the Alex instead.

Should have gone to The Sly Fox. That's a decent boozer. Or of course Spoons if you wanted to slum it. 

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Every single time a listed building gets bought its on fire within a year. Such a tragedy. These old buildings, they just go up like that when the new owners come in, it's such a shame.

Anywho any bets for when the Sutton Empire goes up in smoke?

Fradley Arms will be next. Closed because the refurb would cost millions. Replacing the windows and a rewire was touching £1.5m.

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The Crooked House has now had the shell of the building that survived the fire mysteriously demolished.

Scum.

Don't know who did the demolition but surely the Fire Brigade wouldn't have finished their investigation yet? 

The scumbags levelled it as soon as the police cleared out 

Don't know what happened to the joint investigation that was still ongoing yesterday...

No planning permission is in for it's postcode, an odd one and speculation might seems correct. There was also report of a locked barrier and a great big dirt pile blocking the emergency services, however that could be just to stop travellers and such. Be interesting to see if planning does go in or if it used as a temporary caravan site.

Andy Street has woken up.

Edited by Seat68

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If it's Grade 2 listed can you even knock down the shell without consulting the authorities? 

It apparently (somehow) wasn't listed - an application for it to be listed was submitted last week.

And then it mysteriously burnt down and the brick bits that didn't burn and were held up by the framework and buttresses designed to keep it standing got torn down the second the police left the smouldering wreck.

**** words removed.

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It apparently (somehow) wasn't listed - an application for it to be listed was submitted last week.

And then it mysteriously burnt down and the brick bits that didn't burn and were held up by the framework and buttresses designed to keep it standing got torn down the second the police left the smouldering wreck.

**** words removed.

It was also broken into and vandalised a month ago as well causing a lot of damage. 

Some seriously shady shit going on here. I'd be blocking any future building application on that site for the next few years. 

The excavator was from Lyndon Thomas, a hire company. Most sub-hired excavators have GPS tracking so I'd be speaking to Lyndon Thomas, finding out which excavator was in that location and who it was on hire to at the time, and then paying them a visit. They were clearly told to pull it down as soon as the Police left.

If the building wasn't insured, and it probably wasn't as the new owner wanted rid of it, and it wasn't listed, aside form the suspected arson, what other crimes have been committed?

Such a shame though. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Reports of a dog at the wheel of the JCB

One for the piss you off thread - people who refer to any yellow plant as a 'JCB"! :D 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

One for the piss you off thread - people who refer to any yellow plant as a 'JCB"! :D 

Going to be honest with you, I typed that out and I thought better check to see if it was a Finnings Caterpillar, JCB, Komatsu or any other brand. I thought sod it, dealing with earth moving amateurs here, no one will pick up on it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Going to be honest with you, I typed that out and I thought better check to see if it was a Finnings Caterpillar, JCB, Komatsu or any other brand. I thought sod it, dealing with earth moving amateurs here, no one will pick up on it. 

I've just spent a few days working on a big transaction involving a lot of yellow plant - Hitachi, Hyundai, Doosan, Volvo and Komatsu stuff. I'm a plant nerd now :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've just spent a few days working on a big transaction involving a lot of yellow plant - Hitachi, Hyundai, Doosan, Volvo and Komatsu stuff. I'm a plant nerd now :)

A little off topic, in my close circle of friends I have a salesman for CAT, a salesman for JCB, a salesman for Hitachi and a salesman for Komatsu parts. I am a software testing manager and every single one of them has tried to sell me a **** digger. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Agreed. We need to hoover up this shit and lock it away in a Porta Cabin. 

4 hours ago, Milfner said:

They had the digger on site before the fire. There is a drone shot on the morning after the fire with the digger in the car park & the entrances were blocked in by a mound of soil.
So they’ve booked in the digger, blocked the entrances, started the fire and knocked it all down before the investigation can begin. Jail time needed. 

Proper dodgy since it was sold

Â