The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Xann said:

506427841_Screenshot2021-12-16at08_14_50.png.9b9a19da28559d12f2d172667fcdd7de.png

I'd have plumbed for thousands dead, billions stolen, bloated entitlement and criminal incompetence, but there's what the Telegraph are telling you is the problem.

Is it sinking in yet?

In defence of the Telegraph (no doubt a popular stance on here!), they are not telling you what THE problem is, they are trying to explain what Boris’ problem is. They have identified, correctly, 3 areas that have lost traditional Tory votes.

I’d venture that talking about ‘bloated entitlement’ has absolutely zero effect on how a typical Tory voter marks their ballot paper.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I'd venture that talking about ‘bloated entitlement’ has absolutely zero effect on how a typical Tory voter marks their ballot paper.

And what a lack of critical thinking it shows.

They've been lead down the garden path for years, by people like the Barclay brothers, that reside in tax havens.

• Like 1

I notice the Chancellor, A Mr RIshi Sunak has had to return to the UK from the USA to deal with some pesky questions from MPs and Committees (re COVID and the hospitality / entertainment industries)

Did you all assume like me that he was away on Government business?

We he wasn't, it was described on the news as "a private business trip."

Make your own mind up on that, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, away on personal business, in the midst of a pandemic surge that might require his intervention and the day the Bank of England put up interest rates for the first time in a very long time

• Like 3

Just Harry Cole there, breaking electoral law by reporting on polling issues before voting has finished. Still think it's more than likely that it'll be a narrow hold, in spite of his "get out the vote" pleas above.

Edit - Starmer has just now posted a "vote Labour in North Shropshire" tweet, a couple of hours before polling closes. Which I think for all their protestations earlier in the week suggests how seriously they were actually taking it. 

Edited by ml1dch

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

I notice the Chancellor, A Mr RIshi Sunak has had to return to the UK from the USA to deal with some pesky questions from MPs and Committees (re COVID and the hospitality / entertainment industries)

Did you all assume like me that he was away on Government business?

We he wasn't, it was described on the news as "a private business trip."

Make your own mind up on that, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, away on personal business, in the midst of a pandemic surge that might require his intervention and the day the Bank of England put up interest rates for the first time in a very long time

In before “I had permission from the PM” 

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Just Harry Cole there, breaking electoral law by reporting on polling issues before voting has finished. Still think it's more than likely that it'll be a narrow hold, in spite of his "get out the vote" pleas above.

How bad is it for Johnson if it’s a narrow win for the tories? Just scraping through?

Like a noticeable warning shot fired but ultimately carry on as you were?

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I trust he'll be prosecuted by the Electoral Commission to the full extent of the law

(He'll have to buy the chips for Johnson as a punishment)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I trust he'll be prosecuted by the Electoral Commission to the full extent of the law

(He'll have to buy the chips for Johnson as a punishment)

There’s probably not enough evidence to bother investigating.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

How bad is it for Johnson if it’s a narrow win for the tories? Just scraping through?

Like a noticeable warning shot fired but ultimately carry on as you were?

I don't think there is any scenario that is good. Best case is that they narrowly cling on and see the 30,000 vote gap between them and the Lib Dems cut to a couple of thousand. 

And the big problem is that this isn't Chesham & Amersham which (although the swing was still huge) was prime Lib Dem territory - remainy and HS2 / NIMBY angry. This is a leave voting, rural, small-town-and-shire type of place. If they are losing this, they could literally lose anywhere* if the circumstances were right.

I've not checked, but I bet Paterson's majority is up there as one of the Tory's biggest. If that drops by even 20,000 and gives an unlikely comfortable win, dozens of Tories will still be shitting themselves about whether their seemingly safe, 10,000 majority is going to smashed if they don't do something. And ditching Johnson is the only lever that they really have to pull.

*apart from Sutton Coldfield. Obviously. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As said before, North Shropshire is probably one of the safest Tory seats in the country. It's a seat they would remain Tory even if the Conservatives demanded a sacrifice of everyone's first born in the constituency.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I've not checked, but I bet Paterson's majority is up there as one of the Tory's biggest. If that drops by 20,000, dozens of Tories will be shitting themselves about whether they are next. 

North Shropshire and Sutton aren't even in the Top 30 of Tory majorities

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I don't think there is any scenario that is good. Best case is that they narrowly cling on and see the 30,000 vote gap between them and the Lib Dems cut to a couple of thousand. 

And the big problem is that this isn't Chesham & Amersham which (although the swing was still huge) was prime Lib Dem territory - remainy and HS2 / NIMBY angry. This is a leave voting, rural, small-town-and-shire type of place. If they are losing this, they could literally lose anywhere* if the circumstances were right.

I've not checked, but I bet Paterson's majority is up there as one of the Tory's biggest. If that drops by even 20,000 and gives an unlikely comfortable win, dozens of Tories will still be shitting themselves about whether their seemingly safe, 10,000 majority is going to smashed if they don't do something. And ditching Johnson is the only lever that they really have to pull.

🤬😡😡🤬

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tory’s have held North Shropshire for nearly 200 years 😮

Technically it didn't exist for 100 of those years. 

So it's a bit like Forest claiming to have been holders of the Zenith Data Systems Cup for the last 20 years. 

• Haha 1

On 15/12/2021 at 21:42, Mark Albrighton said:

In terms of Tory to watch for the future, shout out to the young, fair haired lad who’s dressed like he has one eye on moving the party to the nearest Yates’. He’s next to the bearded guy with glasses and party hat in the centre.

Me noticing him had nothing to do with him being in close proximity to the young brunette with the figure hugging grey top. 

Nothing to do with that whatsoever.

The bald fella with the lead singer of Bastille standing right behind him?

Â