The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Really?

Being in Government means you can do anything you want with no working with the other side? 

Sounds like you want Authoritarianism Hanoi. 

Sounds to me like he's just being realistic. 

Ultimately yes - being in Government with a comfortable majority does mean exactly what you say above.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Really?

Being in Government means you can do anything you want with no working with the other side? 

Sounds like you want Authoritarianism Hanoi. 

Especially considering the amount of times Boris has asked for unity and support from the opposition during a 'time of national crisis'.

In a Westminster political system, the government is under absolutely no obligation to work with the opposition on creating policy, with the exception of select committee work. They certainly do not have to allow Labour to help write their mental health policy. That isn't 'authoritarianism', it's just government by the majority party in the House of Commons.

I'm sorry, but I think it's a shit zinger. What I actually *thought* was going to be the ending, was Dorries saying something like '. . . and she's never offered to work with us' or '. . . why doesn't she offer to help?', which would at least have been the opposite of Allin-Khan offering. But no, it's just 'I don't want all of your repeated offers to help write government policy', which, to be honest, fair enough.

I think it's pretty outrageous that you turn down support from an NHS doctor on health matters, during a 'time of national crisis' because of the colour of rosette you wear. Especially in the smug way she did, and her total lack of any qualifications therein. And especially considering how critical the Tories have been of any criticism of their approach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think it's pretty outrageous that you turn down support from an NHS doctor on health matters, during a 'time of national crisis' because of the colour of rosette you wear. Especially in the smug way she did, and her total lack of any qualifications therein. And especially considering how critical the Tories have been of any criticism of their approach.

Keir Starmer is trying to position Labour as 'the constructive opposition', but the Tories are under no obligation to help Labour position themselves that way.

I'd frankly rather Allin-Khan tried explaining clearly to voters what is wrong with the Tories' mental health policy (there's lots to talk about!) rather than getting huffy that she doesn't get to cosplay being a minister.

• Like 1

I kind of agree with @HanoiVillan but I'd say the response from Dorries is very poorly thought out, she's right but the way she delivers the message is overtly arrogant and that's the bit that plays into Labour's hands. Having said that, it won't make an iota of difference as few of the floaters care about this issue currently

Another spot of jolly rotten luck for the chums.

Millions of medical masks purchased by the British government for £45m are missing after a major PPE deal collapsed amid accusations of fraud, the Guardian can reveal.

The Department of Health and Social Care paid its supplier Purple Surgical upfront for 5m FFP3 respirator masks, which were supposed to have been flown into Birmingham international airport by June.

But Purple Surgical, a Hertfordshire-based company that has signed deals worth almost £250m with the DHSC since the pandemic began, has been unable to supply the masks.

Purple Surgical has filed papers in California alleging fraud by its own supplier, a company in the British Virgin Islands (BVI).

Grauniad

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

How would the board have viewed Maggie's terms of office 

*Beep*

You have reached VT's angry politics obsessives. Nobody is available to take your call right now, but we'll be sure to call you back when things stop being on fire.

*Beep*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, blandy said:

Halloween was last Saturday.

I kind of met the great lady once at a black tie Christmas bash laid on by Merrill at the Ritz. Spotted her at a table having afternoon tea surrounded by her security so tried to get her autograph, Got stopped a good 10 feet before her table and politely told to **** off by one ape off her detail 🤣

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I kind of met the great lady once at a black tie Christmas bash laid on by Merrill at the Ritz. Spotted her at a table having afternoon tea surrounded by her security so tried to get her autograph, Got stopped a good 10 feet before her table and politely told to **** off by one ape off her detail 🤣

showphoto.aspx?photoid=494284

Her tits appear to have gone east and west but have rather strange piercings but she's still not for turning

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

showphoto.aspx?photoid=494284

Her tits appear to have gone east and west but have rather strange piercings but she's still not for turning

Cracking rack on her back in the day in all fairness

Â