The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Apart from the fact I’m 65 and a member of the Labour Party, I fit your description to a tee. The caricature of our generation as Tory supporting boomers is well wide of the mark for many of us.

Statistically, it would seem to be true though, unfortunately. But none of my immediate family and friends, though. 

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've never felt more like going out on the streets and throwing bricks.

Hold that thought, because it appears that the witless that voted for the Filth are either: ok with it, too ashamed or too spineless to do anything about it?

It might be down to the rest of us?

external-content.duckduckgo-4.jpg.e396467caa47b70413d8b57c102c1f05.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

That really is excellent. 

As for this:

Capture.jpg

Am I ever going to stop laughing?? :crylaugh:

Haha!

I also enjoyed the" using the old fashioned method to get financial assistance from this government" joke

"I've developed some inadequate track and trace tech"

"Here is a billion pounds"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oy3L.gif

That is in some ways the epitome of this country.

How quickly has that been addressed and ‘rectified’ (personally I thought it was bang on and needed no rectification)?

Far more quickly than the majority of things in this country, there’s graffiti everywhere and some of it actually offensive, but that’s left as it’s unimportant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How quickly has that been addressed and ‘rectified’ (personally I thought it was bang on and needed no rectification)?

Far more quickly than the majority of things in this country, there’s graffiti everywhere and some of it actually offensive, but that’s left as it’s unimportant.

My OH works at the council, they have a rapid response team for any kind of offensive graffiti. It goes straight to the top of the job list and is removed within hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can't be much more than 24 hours I don't think?

Of course I can understand why the council might have been under pressure to remove it so fast, since it blew up on social media (though *he drew attention to it himself*, which is a large part of why it's funny!). But what annoys me is politicians complaining about this stuff as if they are being bullied (per his tweet, 'Some on the left always try to bully their way through politics'). The thing about being an actual MP is that you have some power to change things, or at least draw attention to them. Normal people cannot change anything except through discussion, some of which, yes, might be rude or disrespectful. But that's the way it has always been, and always will be. I think it's ridiculous for him to expect people to feel sorry for him. I've seen the term 'crybullying' used in similar contexts, and I can see the logic frankly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Turns out British people like Australia as much or more than they like Britain. 

As a place it's wonderful. Ditto the people. As for the politicians - they're as bad or worse than ours.

Seeing the news about 2 adults and 2 children drowning in the channel attempting to make the journey from France to the UK made we wonder what is so much better here than France that makes it worth risking your life and that of your family? 

Just now, Genie said:

Seeing the news about 2 adults and 2 children drowning in the channel attempting to make the journey from France to the UK made we wonder what is so much better here than France that makes it worth risking your life and that of your family? 

Mainly we speak the universal English and we still have a reputation for being welcoming, bizarre as that may sound.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I wonder if this is another example of Danny Dyers buyers remorse. He voted Leave and then complained about that. He may of course not voted Tory. 

I agree that it would be better if fewer politicians went to fee-paying schools, both because it would be nice for Parliament to better reflect the life paths of constituents, and because I want to seize on an opportunity to decrease the value-added of fee-paying schools. But the 2019 intake of Tories should be sufficient to demonstrate that 'not having gone to Eton' is not sufficient to pursue policies that expand welfare provision; the proportion of Tories who went to fee-paying schools is down to 41%*, the lowest it has been since people started counting (down from 73% in 1979), but the attacks on the social safety net don't diminish.

*To be fair, this is still huge - only 7% of the wider population go to fee-paying schools.

• Like 3

Â