The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Someone send him back to bed please.

I saw this morning's headline on the Grauniad website which said 'Boris Johson to unveil plans to power all UK homes with wind by 2030'.

My first thought, thinking of his speeches, was: What, single-handedly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was more interested in the ‘no successful invasions for a thousand years’. Rounding up, I guess he means the English defeat by the Normans in 1066.

I’d say the Anglo Norman invasion from 1282 was quite successful, reinforced by the Ring of Steel on the death of Llewelyn.

So, somewhere between 1282 to 1535 for me, depending on how you want to argue it out. But then I didn’t do history at Eton so perhaps I’ve got an ignorant bias.

39 minutes ago, snowychap said:

He appears to have nicked it from his sister, too:

The more I think about this Johnson family gag, the less sense it makes. Do they think that wind turbines are giant fans? Is it, for them, a *disadvantage* of wind turbines that they don't create blustery micro-climates in their immediate vicinity?

On 05/10/2020 at 11:04, HanoiVillan said:

Far-right adjacent 2019 intake Bishop Auckland MP Dehenna Davison is from a new generation of Relentlessly Online Tory MPs it seems . . .

Absolutely harmless content to be clear, just that she's a real oddball in a number of ways.

Would not mind losing my deposit on her in all fairness

32 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Here you go.

is-quorn-good-for-you-1-683x1024.png

That reminded of the time I went to my lads school for a Father’s Day lunch. I’d preordered something like a chicken dinner. When I got there I was one of the last to get my food and they only had Quorn burger left, to make matters worse it was cold.

Bloody Jamie Oliver poking his nose.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

That reminded of the time I went to my lads school for a Father’s Day lunch.

What the holy F... a fathers day lunch in school... You would not have caught me going to that as a child or a parent

tenor.gif?itemid=7251431

1 hour ago, bickster said:

What the holy F... a fathers day lunch in school... You would not have caught me going to that as a child or a parent

tenor.gif?itemid=7251431

Why not? He was about 6 or 7 at the time for some reference.

The school was trying to rectify a bit of a long running complaint about parents not being involved.

It was alright apart from the awful food. 

David Davis demands to hear the evidence in torture review

David Davis, the former Brexit secretary, has launched a legal challenge to be allowed into a secret court that will hear evidence of British involvement in torture and rendition.

Mr Davis will argue that he should not be blocked from seeing material in the judicial review — which he is mounting against the government’s decision to drop plans for a judge-led inquiry into the UK’s alleged complicity in the abuse of detainees after 9/11.

..more behind paywall

Â