The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

A quick look at the data on the YouGov site, more people in Scotland, Wales, London and the Midlands thought it was a bad idea than a good idea.

The result was skewed by South of England and North of England having more people thinking it was a good idea rather than a bad idea.

Without reverting to stereotypes, probably could have called something close to that without even looking at the geographical breakdown.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A useful reminder for New Labour fans that this is not actually a new idea

Do we know if the last Labour government ever discussed putting a wave machine into the English Channel?

I'm staggered anyone in the Cabinet had even heard of Rhyl Sun Centre, let alone base policy considerations upon it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

These "leaks" from the Cabinet about tackling illegal immigration and assylum seekers... do you actually believe them? or do you think it's part of their game?

Then again Paul Rudd is an advisor now...

YouGov polls on assylum camps on Asscention Island... it's beyond The Thick Of It

I can't help but think it's a little more sinister than stupid

Perhaps we could kill two birds with one stone here.

We’ve got a lot of people that were forcibly removed from the Chagos Islands. Perhaps we could start by sending them back to their islands.

Return the native people of Diego Garcia to Diego Garcia.

See how that goes down on a YouGov poll.

• Like 1

You’ve got to be more sympathetic. I mean these people feel threatened and in danger and need protecting, we can’t just leave things as they are.  So for this reason the boats or remote island processing sanctuary is a great idea. And while they are being “processed” on a rusty ferry, or in a rattling, freezing hangar on Ascension Island the Tory Cabinet may come to realise that they need to learn British values of tolerance and decency and only then will they be ready to integrate fully into British society. If they pass rigorous testing we could then let them back into the country, perhaps on a probationary period. They could be given the status of “former Tory” and as long as they don’t relapse they could be allowed indefinite leave to remain. Leave to remain, incidentally is how they should handle Brexit negotiations, too.

• Like 2

Eyewatering quantities of taxpayer's money haemorrhaging into the tax swerving Tory chums' pockets.

The received product, serial failure.

Brexit next.

Edited by Xann
The second aitch, doh.

On 01/10/2020 at 07:16, bickster said:

These "leaks" from the Cabinet about tackling illegal immigration and assylum seekers... do you actually believe them? or do you think it's part of their game?

Then again Paul Rudd is an advisor now...

YouGov polls on assylum camps on Asscention Island... it's beyond The Thick Of It

I can't help but think it's a little more sinister than stupid

Thread includes:

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 2

Far-right adjacent 2019 intake Bishop Auckland MP Dehenna Davison is from a new generation of Relentlessly Online Tory MPs it seems . . .

Absolutely harmless content to be clear, just that she's a real oddball in a number of ways.

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Far-right adjacent 2019 intake Bishop Auckland MP Dehenna Davison is from a new generation of Relentlessly Online Tory MPs it seems . . .

Absolutely harmless content to be clear, just that she's a real oddball in a number of ways.

Bastards. You hurt something I love, I hurt something you love. 

• Haha 2

Â