The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Open corruption

I'm not just saying this - a number of policy people were very clear about this at election time - but it was pretty obvious all along that the 'towns fund' was a slush fund. However, there's nobody out there who can do anything about it, so it is what it is, and we have to accept that we're just a more obviously corrupt country these days I guess.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Paul Dacre running Ofcom seems like it has the potential to be really, really shit.

We don’t have a vomit button so a like will have to do. It’s amazing how consistently this govt follows the exact opposite of what I would wish to happen, in ways I didn’t even know existed until they happen. 

Sorry turns out we do I’m sorry have some of these.

🤮🤮

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 4

The government has ordered schools in England not to use resources from organisations which have expressed a desire to end capitalism.

Department for Education (DfE) guidance issued on Thursday for school leaders and teachers involved in setting the relationship, sex and health curriculum categorised anti-capitalism as an “extreme political stance” and equated it with opposition to freedom of speech, antisemitism and endorsement of illegal activity.

Grauniad

Magic.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

"Let's round up the people we don't like and put them into a volcano!"

She's absolutely **** crackers, this one.

The scoop will have no doubt missed that she cooled on the idea when it was pointed out that the island wasn't actively erupting.

• Haha 1

Amusing exchange at the media select commitee as Tory Julian Knight grills new BBC Director General Tim Davie, and immediately gets down to the key question - will he sack Gary Lineker for sending negative tweets about the government?

something something cancel culture

something something projection as a psychological defence mechanism

• Like 2

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

Tories always go back to being Tory

It was pretty much expected due to the 3 line whip. Party politics is broken. It'll be interesting to see if May has the whip withdrawn for abstaining.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â