The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

THE CURRENT BANKING CRISIS EXPLAINED BY AN IRISHMAN
Young Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for €100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. 
The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, 
but I have some bad news. The donkey's died.'
Paddy replied, 'Well then just give me my money back.'
The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I've already spent it.' 
Paddy said, 'OK, then, just bring me the dead donkey.'
The farmer asked, 'What are you going to do with him?'
Paddy said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'
The farmer said, 'You can't raffle a dead donkey!'
Paddy said, 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody 
he's dead.'
A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked, 
' What happened with that dead donkey?'
Paddy said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at €2 each 
and made a profit of €898' 
The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'
Paddy said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his €2 back.' Paddy now works for the Bank of Ireland. 

• Like 4

Public Law Project

‘Tsunami’ of EU withdrawal laws ‘rubber stamped’: Latest PLP research

The process of leaving the EU has laid bare serious deficiencies in the UK’s system of law making, according to a report by the Public Law Project.

READ: Plus ça change: Brexit and the flaws of delegated legislation system
 By Alexandra Sinclair and Dr Joe Tomlinson, Public Law Project

The authors show that the UK’s withdrawal led to a ‘tsunami’ of delegated legislation in the form of statutory instruments (SIs). These are laws which, unlike Acts of Parliament are often not debated or scrutinised, cannot be amended, and are virtually impossible for MPs to stop.

The beef looks worse than the chicken.

What an absolute disaster this filthy government is, unless you're in tax evasion or hedge funds?

Are the whining pricks down the golf club still kidding themselves that Corbyn would have been worse?

The whining pricks down the pub don't want to talk about Boris or Brexit anymore, eyes are downcast when those subjects are mentioned.

Now they're talking about throwing the oldies and vulnerable under the bus to get Capitalism back on track.

Back to work, survival of the fittest!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If the BBC were interested in being impartial, they’d sack or re train Kuenssberg.

They won’t do that.

Draw your own conclusions on current BBC output.

Can we get a freedom of information for how many complaints there are about her? I bet there’s hundreds if not thousands.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can we get a freedom of information for how many complaints there are about her? I bet there’s hundreds if not thousands.

Yeah but they're all Labour activists making scurrilous accusations because she's fine her job of questioning the sainted JC so we can disregard all of them.

:trollface:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If the BBC were interested in being impartial, they’d sack or re train Kuenssberg.

They won’t do that.

It's not Keunssberg really in this particular instance.

The "crime" in my opinion is not naming the source. I mean it's Cummings, obviously. But the media outlets - all of them - use the same words all the time "a senior Government source". and it gives the impression of sort of independence or neutrality, but if they simply said "Dominic Cummings says Starmer is an opportunist" that would be more accurate and also visibly show that the bloke making the original smear is in fact the lockdown eye test numpty.

It's the media's collusion in this "anonymous source" rubbish that's the problem - they should stop with it immediately.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blandy said:

It's not Keunssberg really in this particular instance.

The "crime" in my opinion is not naming the source. I mean it's Cummings, obviously. But the media outlets - all of them - use the same words all the time "a senior Government source". and it gives the impression of sort of independence or neutrality, but if they simply said "Dominic Cummings says Starmer is an opportunist" that would be more accurate and also visibly show that the bloke making the original smear is in fact the lockdown eye test numpty.

It's the media's collusion in this "anonymous source" rubbish that's the problem - they should stop with it immediately.

It’s both. Equally. She is both the journalist that repeats what she is given verbatim and the journalist that accepts the stories and comments from the same small number of people and hides this from the public.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They won’t do that.

Also, read about her family tree on Wikipedia to learn more about why she is how she is and why they won't do anything about it...

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s both. Equally. She is both the journalist that repeats what she is given verbatim and the journalist that accepts the stories and comments from the same small number of people and hides this from the public.

I dunno - it's not just her - so is it a policy of the organisations to conduct themselves this way? Whatever, it's being abused by both the Gov't "sources" and the media orgs, to the detriment of people generally and UK democracy particularly.

Â