The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Or he’s doing what every person brought up well is taught which is “after you “  

It must take a Nietzschean effort of will to attribute consideration, empathy and even basic recognition of other people to the person who most exemplifies "Me.  Me, me, me, stuff the rest of you" in modern politics.

For those who may have heard that Mr Johnson's principal adviser openly admits the tories don't care about poor people or the NHS, but who harbour some doubt about whether he's been misquoted, here's the lad himself giving it large.

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Or he’s doing what every person brought up well is taught which is “after you “ 

but yeah I’m sure Sturgeon is currently running around arms aloft celebrating a great victory 

He could be.

He could be just a normal everyday polite chap.

Perhaps we should ignore all the years of evidence to the contrary and give him a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

He could be.

He could be just a normal everyday polite chap.

Perhaps we should ignore all the years of evidence to the contrary and give him a chance.

People seem happy enough to accept an airbrushed history of Corbyn so hey why not extend the courtesy to Boris as well 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

People seem happy enough to accept an airbrushed history of Corbyn so hey why not extend the courtesy to Boris as well 

I'm not sure I've airbrushed Corbyn, though I'd take him over Johnson any day of the week. I genuinely don't think there's very much airbrushing of Corbyn going on in here, and this is a fairly lefty bubble.

Johnson came to Wales today and refused to do any recorded interviews for any Welsh media. Our own Prime Minister. That's an absolute **** disgrace, 13 weeks from Brexit. When asked what plans he had for Welsh agriculture that might be faced with no deal and no exports in 13 weeks time, he said (I paraphrase because I can't find a quote because he wouldn't go on camera) 'sort of benefits or refunds or something'.

13 weeks. Here's hoping the EU think he's an entertaining scamp they want to indulge.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm not sure I've airbrushed Corbyn, though I'd take him over Johnson any day of the week. I genuinely don't think there's very much airbrushing of Corbyn going on in here, and this is a fairly lefty bubble.

Johnson came to Wales today and refused to do any recorded interviews for any Welsh media. Our own Prime Minister. That's an absolute **** disgrace, 13 weeks from Brexit. When asked what plans he had for Welsh agriculture that might be faced with no deal and no exports in 13 weeks time, he said (I paraphrase because I can't find a quote because he wouldn't go on camera) 'sort of benefits or refunds or something'.

13 weeks. Here's hoping the EU think he's an entertaining scamp they want to indulge.

I didn’t say anything about you airbrushing anything

That you’d take Corbyn over Johnson is hardly an earth shattering revelation tbf , you could have saved the Internet some ink and just assumed I already knew this :)

he did the same in  scotchland yesterday with the media fwiw , It’s almost like a syndication  type deal has been stuck !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

he did the same in  scotchland yesterday with the media fwiw , It’s almost like a syndication  type deal has been stuck !!

No, it's that he has refused to be interviewed and recorded by national media in Scotland and Wales.

Unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

No, it's that he has refused to be interviewed and recorded by national media in Scotland and Wales.

Unbelievable.

I read it that there was a pool arrangement  with ITV and that other outlets were made to wait outside and would be given 10 mins for interviews ( but not recorded )

Hence my syndication thought 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I read it that there was a pool arrangement  with ITV and that other outlets were made to wait outside and would be given 10 mins for interviews ( but not recorded )

Hence my syndication thought 

Yes, exactly.  Though ITV were offered an interview, witnout recording.

Unbelievable.

Will the tame meeja accept this, or resist?

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Doubt very much that the Daily Mail, Express, Sun, indeed the media generally ,have ever “airbrushed” anything to do with  Corbyn. Quite the opposite I think. 

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If I had to pick between listening to either John Oliver or Boris Johnson for 20 minutes, I think I'd just pierce my ear drums.

Ben Elton's amphetamine fuelled rage against the machine. Having said that I quite like John Oliver

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tory majority could be gone by morning. B&R collection plus Phillip Lee considering defecting to LibDems

Which would be significant at a time when the government was making an attempt to actually govern through seeking to pass legislation...

Â