The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

...assuming that your political opponents aren't sincere in the beliefs they hold seems like a recipe for underestimating them.  

Alternatively, falling for the distraction may allow one to miss the stuff he's doing that isn't in the public view, as long as he keeps the focus on his "quirkyness" the less people tend to notice the real shit he's getting up to to help his funds

29 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

"I want to unify all four parts of the United Kingdom"

I’m at Edinburgh airport right now for a flight to LHR  , wonder if he’s on my flight  , saying that he’d probably get on the wrong plane and end up in Paris 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m at Edinburgh airport right now for a flight to LHR  , wonder if he’s on my flight  , saying that he’d probably get on the wrong plane and end up in Paris 

You didn't need to go all that way, there'll be loads of opportunities for you to turn up and boo him down here in England

(winky face)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You didn't need to go all that way, there'll be loads of opportunities for you to turn up and boo him down here in England

(winky face)

As we taxied the Plane just went bang juddered to a halt and we got an announcement of “crew at stations “ .. if he is on my flight we could be an hour away from a new PM :) 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

As we taxied the Plane just went bang juddered to a halt and we got an announcement of “crew at stations “ .. if he is on my flight we could be an hour away from a new PM :) 

Overloaded in first class, nose won't go up

On 28/07/2019 at 16:49, HanoiVillan said:

You're right that many more people are house sharing or renting now than were doing so 50 years ago, but that simply means that the 'average' household has a much more precarious financial situation with (much) less in the way of assets.  

Yes, holders of assets have become wealthier.

The point from Warren about debt is also important.  Years ago, people had less debt than now.  Being in debt has become normalised, where 50 years ago it was seen as a big and onerous step.

From the perspective of the wealthiest sucking up resources from the rest, having got households to use two people's labour to earn enough to maintain an average lifestyle nevertheless implies a limit on consumption, profit and wealth accumulation.  Having people take on more and more debt expands the amount of wealth that can be accumulated by the holders of the debt.

17 minutes ago, snowychap said:

That's a bit harsh on Tony.

Absolutely. Tony may well be a Tory voting, Brexit-supporting wrong 'un but suggesting he's a nose is a bit below the belt. 

15 hours ago, ml1dch said:

"I want to unify all four parts of the United Kingdom"

That’s a win for her right there at the end.

In the invisible world of power politics and psyching your opponent and all that. He puts his arm out to gesture that she should go first. For whatever reason, because she has a skirt on, or because he just wants to be in control and dominating who does what when.

But she’s having none of it. **** you, this is my place, you get in first.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

In the invisible world of power politics and psyching your opponent and all that. He puts his arm out to gesture that she should go first. For whatever reason, because she has a skirt on, or because he just wants to be in control and dominating who does what when.

This clip managed to catch Sturgeon's remarks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Or he’s doing what every person brought up well is taught which is “after you “ 

but yeah I’m sure Sturgeon is currently running around arms aloft celebrating a great victory 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Or he’s doing what every person brought up well is taught which is “after you “ 

If you were brought up properly it would always be the guests first convention. The host invites the visitor inside, it would be completely wrong to then run in ahead of them

• Like 1

Â