The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Weak and Wobbly Theresa Maybe strikes again

How can anybody support this bunch of jokers?

Pretty much the same reason the GOP are supporting Trump. Prolonging their life on the greasy pole

• Like 2

Seems like the Tories plan is coming to fruition. They have been setting the NHS to fail since they came into power in 2010 and now it well and truly is. What a shameful state of affairs this is. Imagine being one of these patients dying in a corridor in A and E or one of the relatives watching someone you love die prematurely as they can't get the treatment they need. This is all so wrong but is just the tip of the iceberg and the most visible sign of the NHS failing. 

If voters don't remember anything else the next time they go in the voting booth they need to remember what these bastards have done to the NHS.

1. ITV REPORT
  2.  11 January 2018 at 1:15pm

NHS: Patients 'dying prematurely' in corridors, A&E bosses warn May

Patients are "dying prematurely" in the corridors of A&E units, the heads of more than 60 emergency departments have warned Theresa May.

The "current level of safety compromise is at times intolerable, despite the best efforts of staff," a letter signed by consultants in charge of emergency departments in 68 acute hospitals across England and Wales said.

Acknowledging the best efforts of staff, trusts and clinical commissioning groups, it adds: "The facts remain, however, that the NHS is severely and chronically underfunded.

"Thousands of patients are waiting in ambulances for hours as the hospitals lack adequate space.

"Some of our own personal experiences range from over 120 patients a day managed in corridors, some dying prematurely........

NHS Patients Dying Prematurely

Edited by markavfc40

May promises to reduce avoidable plastic waste polution within 25 years.

Woah, steady on there you crazy green zealot.

Surely we can't get rid of plastic we don't actually need in just a quarter of a century. 

She is truly the anti midas, everything she touches turns to slightly less than mediocre.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

May promises to reduce avoidable plastic waste polution within 25 years.

Woah, steady on there you crazy green zealot.

Surely we can't get rid of plastic we don't actually need in just a quarter of a century. 

She is truly the anti midas, everything she touches turns to slightly less than mediocre.

any politician promising to do something by 25 years time is a liar

any politician with the shelf life of about a year promising to do something in 25 years time is a complete idiot

• Like 1

"Secret Eugenics Conference" unless they can start thinking of sneaky ways to kill off all the people they hate then this is a non starter.  It's not as if they can burn the poor in tower blocks,  provide fast 4 hour emergency ambulance call outs to the now dead or get the sick and ill into A&E only to let them die anyway in a corridor.  They would never get away with any of that. Too obvious even for the Tories so a non-starter for me there peterms.

14 hours ago, peterms said:

(If you don't know, it's about Mr T Young's documented extracurricular activities).

activity surely .. seeing as he only went to one meeting

there is an alternative view here for those that like to see both sides of an argument  ..oh wait

Yes, I went to the 2017 London Conference on Intelligence – I popped in for a few hours on a Saturday and sat at the back. I did not present a paper or give a lecture or appear on a platform or anything remotely like that. I had not met any of the other people in the lecture room before, save for Dr Thompson, and was unfamiliar with their work. I was completely ignorant of what had been discussed at the same event in previous years. All I knew was that some of them occupied the weird and whacky outer fringe of the world of genetics.

My reason for attending was because I had been asked – as a journalist – to give a lecture by the International Society of Intelligence Researchers at the University of Montreal later in the year and I was planning to talk about the history of controversies provoked by intelligence researchers. I thought the UCL conference would provide me with some anecdotal material for the lecture – and it did. To repeat, I was there as a journalist researching a talk I had to give a few months later and which was subsequently published.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Personally I wouldn’t trust anything the little turd says. 

In fairness given the bile he spouted on Twitter the fact he may be able to defend this latest accusation won't change the fact he is clearly a total bell end.

Hopefully it will be the end of him being given tv airtime to spout his claptrap.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

there is an alternative view here for those that like to see both sides of an argument  ..oh wait

For those who cannot access articles behind the Spectator paywall, Young's defence of himself is also available on facebook:

Once more unto the breach

I naively thought...

After reading Mr Young's 'alternative view', I'd suggest reading the article from Quadrant mentioned therein, the Constance Holden Memorial Address (avoid the Amanda Holden one ;)) also mentioned therein, the article he wrote for Quilette published christmas day last, and look at the way the discussion of the ideas that he has sought to air have been framed by his employer (i.e. The Spectator).

Excerpts from articles linked above:

Quadrant:

Progressive eugenics

But that isn’t the solution I want to explore here. I’m more interested in the potential of a technology that hasn’t been invented yet: genetically engineered intelligence.

Constance Holden Memorial Address:

It’s an honour to be giving the 2017 Constance Holden Memorial Address and I want to thank Tim Bates and the Board of ISIR for inviting me here, as well as Sherif Karama for being such a gracious host.

Quilette:

As you would expect, the most controversial proposals are those that involve reviving eugenics in some form – although that word is so toxic these proposals often aren’t described that way by their exponents.

I haven't finished the middle one yet mainly because I got as far as his ninth para when the phrase 'social justive warriors' popped up and decided that the radio was a more pleasant accompaniment to my morning poo.

As I think snowy is suggesting there, the defence that he was just there as a journalist is undermined by his long-held belief in eugenics. Whether he was there as a journalist or a believer in this instance, he is a believer (or has repeatedly flirted with it). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

How sweet of you to defend him.  It's more than his fellow tory MPs Woollaston and Halfon are prepared to do.  Perhaps they just don't get his "caustic wit".

26 minutes ago, peterms said:

How sweet of you to defend him.  It's more than his fellow tory MPs Woollaston and Halfon are prepared to do.  Perhaps they just don't get his "caustic wit".

yeah cause I wrote page and pages defending him :rolleyes:

just thought Twitter had let you down again and you might have wanted to know it wasn't the only view out there

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah cause I wrote page and pages defending him :rolleyes:

just thought Twitter had let you down again and you might have wanted to know it wasn't the only view out there

I don't think twitter let me down.  It was quite useful in illustrating some of Mr Young's views.  I think he rather wishes it hadn't, or rather that he hadn't been so foolish as to reveal his thoughts in that way.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

My reason for attending was because I had been asked – as a journalist – to give a lecture by the International Society of Intelligence Researchers at the University of Montreal later in the year and I was planning to talk about the history of controversies provoked by intelligence researchers. I thought the UCL conference would provide me with some anecdotal material for the lecture – and it did. To repeat, I was there as a journalist researching a talk I had to give a few months later and which was subsequently published.

4064659246877f17e3f97775f28af903.jpg

• Like 3

Â