The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

17 minutes ago, snowychap said:

He didn't post about people wanting to be better off. He posted about people wanting to be better off at the expense of others, often those less fortunate than they already are.

And I answered that question in my post ... least I thought I did ... the section you quoted was just the preamble setting my reply up 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

They vote Tory because 'Diane Abbott', 'Venezuela', 'Terrorist Sympathiser', 'Back to the seventies', 'Immigrant Lover' and other such shitty sound bytes that they lap up.

They even often admit to not liking the Tory's but they buy the above crap in their droves and see the alternative as worse (with absolutely no evidence but right wing headlines to back this up).  A simple skim down a Facebook comments section on either the Labour or Tory page heavily support this.

Anyway I think I'd actually be better off paying a bit more tax than contributing to the rail and energy company's shareholder payouts.

Ah the old brainwashed right mantra , ironically verbatim from every other non brainwashed left winger  ...

all you needed was an Oh Jeremy Corbyn chant at the end for a full house  :P

As it turns out  , there is nothing stopping you from writing to HMRC and saying please take some more tax off me and here's my cheque   .. so feel free to copy the letter on this thread once you've sent it

(15 people have done it in the last 2 years , seems you can even specify where you want it spent , maybe the VT left can collectively buy a nurse ?)

Edit- to be clear it's viewed as a donation , you can't actually pay more tax than is legally due ,under law

Edited by tonyh29

Oh yes I did

You 'at least thought you did' but you didn't.

'Not mutually exclusive' and then saying the more earnt, the more tax paid (not necessarily the case but as your post said 'I', as in you, I'll fully accept that you're not wont to act like The Guardian, The Telegraph, &c. with respect to 'tax efficiency') is not answering that point, it just allowed you to speak generally about people 'wanting to be better off'.

Edited by snowychap

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

As it turns out  , there is nothing stopping you from writing to HMRC and saying please take some more tax off me and here's my cheque

His sentence said:

Anyway I think I'd actually be better off paying a bit more tax than contributing to the rail and energy company's shareholder payouts.

For your 'cheque to HMRC' line to work, then, he'd have to be able to get the money off the rail and energy shareholders in order to pass it on to HMRC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Tricky one to directly answer as tbh I don't really know who is and who isn't a Tory voter amongst  people I encounter ...

Ask them if they know what the definition of empathy is . 

Easy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Ask them if they know what the definition of empathy is . 

Easy.

isn't she a classmate of Tabitha and Cordelia at the local chav school ?

9 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Exactly what I mean't .

Empathy 

"Chavs."

rather than the empathy displayed in this thread where one calls everyone that votes tory a word removed ?

edit - you changed to one as in generic posters rather than you as in , ermm you

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

rather than the empathy displayed in this thread where one calls everyone that votes tory a word removed ?

edit - you changed to one as in generic posters rather than you as in , ermm you

Oh I wouldn't know about that at all as I rarely visit this thread.

I just think that empathy is a very good way of deciphering a political leaning without asking directly.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Ah the old brainwashed right mantra , ironically verbatim from every other non brainwashed left winger  ...

all you needed was an Oh Jeremy Corbyn chant at the end for a full house  :P

As it turns out  , there is nothing stopping you from writing to HMRC and saying please take some more tax off me and here's my cheque   .. so feel free to copy the letter on this thread once you've sent it

(15 people have done it in the last 2 years , seems you can even specify where you want it spent , maybe the VT left can collectively buy a nurse ?)

Edit- to be clear it's viewed as a donation , you can't actually pay more tax than is legally due ,under law

Scroll down any Labour/Tory FB post.  Maybe it's oft repeated because it's true.

Whether you like it or not, that mindset makes up a significant percentage of the Tory vote.

'Its the Sun wot won it'

On my other point, what Snowy said :)

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Oh I wouldn't know about that at all as I rarely visit this thread.

I just think that empathy is a very good way of deciphering a political leaning without asking directly.

which, in a round about way ,  is the same question I've put a few times to people in this thread  .. do you really think where someone puts an X every 5 years is a judge of their character  ? cause truthfully , I don't ... its akin to my Nan in law ,in Hungary saying how she can't  understand that I don't believe in  God as I'm "such a nice person"  (obviously she doesn't know me that well ) ... I'm fairly sure believing in God has zero relation to being good or not , same as where you vote ... unless it's specifically a vote like should foxes be ripped apart by people on dogs  , when anyone that votes yes is clearly a word removed ... but that's not the same as voting for a party with a specific range of policies ,one of which may be in favour of such a "sport"

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

which, in a round about way ,  is the same question I've put a few times to people in this thread  .. do you really think where someone puts an X every 5 years is a judge of their character  ? cause truthfully , I don't ... its akin to my Nan in law ,in Hungary saying how she can't  understand that I don't believe in  God as I'm "such a nice person"  (obviously she doesn't know me that well ) ... I'm fairly sure believing in God has zero relation to being good or not , same as where you vote ... unless it's specifically a vote like should foxes be ripped apart by people on dogs  , when anyone that votes yes is clearly a word removed ... but that's not the same as voting for a party with a specific range of policies ,one of which may be in favour of such a "sport"

I always say that if you're only being "good" because you seek reward or fear punishment, are you actually being "good". ? (Off topic but a nice rebuttal for your nan in law ):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Scroll down any Labour/Tory FB post.  Maybe it's oft repeated because it's true.

Whether you like it or not, that mindset makes up a significant percentage of the Tory vote.

'Its the Sun wot won it'

On my other point, what Snowy said :)

think VT successfully argued many years back that actually it wasn't the sun wot won it  ..but that's OT   ....I only really raise it as that statement is just a small leap away from it was the Russians wot won it  (Brexit) , trotted out by some sources  ....which has kinda been proven to be a fallacy .. depending on your source of course :) 

I guess to an extent , I agree with you in the if you repeat something enough it becomes true type brainwashing ..I'm just not sure it's as one sided as people like to think it is in this thread   ....

as to your last sentence ..meh :)

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I always say that if you're only being "good" because you seek reward or fear punishment, are you actually being "good". ? (Off topic but a nice rebuttal for your nan in law ):D

that's way better than my rebuttal about priests being kiddy fiddlers that Mrs H always refuses to translate into Hungarian for me :) 

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

think VT successfully argued many years back that actually it wasn't the sun wot won it  ..but that's OT   ....I only really raise it as that statement is just a small leap away from it was the Russians wot won it  (Brexit) , trotted out by some sources  ....which has kinda been proven to be a fallacy .. depending on your source of course :)

Oh, ffs! :rolleyes:

Â