The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Has anyone told him he's very potentially wrong?

Emergency proxy votes for no ID are only allowable in certain circumstances

Your photo ID is lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged (PDF) after the deadline to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate has passed and you want to vote in an election which requires photo ID. This form can also be used if your Anonymous Elector's Document is lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged.

Electoral Commission

Specifically his ID must have been lost / Stolen / Damaged since 5pm six working days ago

It is a criminal offence to lie on the form

Former Conservative Prime Minister Boris Johnson was turned away from his local polling station after forgetting to bring acceptable photo ID.

And people voted for him to run the country link

• Haha 4

Aside from the council elections, this thread is worthy of your time on the figures that Badenoch presented to the house. It's not just inflation adjusted, which you can see below but also the gold illusion where gold is entering and leaving the UK much more than before and those figures are counted in the import / export figures.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

How much do you reckon they enjoyed that moment in the polling centre

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

That cheered me up a little when hearing that after coming back from the game last night. You can't make it up.

I think the one to look at is the west midlands mayor. Andy Street has tried hard to not even mention Sunak, but if he loses then all bets are off.  Could be some movement to get rid of him.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

actual scene as he left without casting a vote 

goodfellas-laugh.jpg

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

High fiving each other as he left I would imagine.

I wonder how many of the +39 gain for independent councillors were once David Horton, Conservative. But are now David Horton, Independent Local Gentleman Farmer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The rumours are that Street is going to hold the west midlands mayor vote, though result not due until tomorrow. That will probably avoid an utter tory meltdown and they will limp on until October.

A lot of votes going to an independant candidate due to pro-Gaza views.

It's fair enough... but does that really matter for a WM mayor?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nope, but its easy votes for them by targetting the mindless sheep who think it does.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think it's a valid way to show the politicians their views, how else can they?

1 minute ago, tinker said:

I think it's a valid way to show the politicians their views, how else can they?

I guess my point is more what people are voting on.  I understand that, largely, people don't give a shit and will just follow whatever they deem to be appropriate for the country - but it seems a bit daft in a mayoral campaign.

"Why are you running for mayor?"
"Because we must end the war in Gaza!"

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I guess my point is more what people are voting on.  I understand that, largely, people don't give a shit and will just follow whatever they deem to be appropriate for the country - but it seems a bit daft in a mayoral campaign.

"Why are you running for mayor?"
"Because we must end the war in Gaza!"

Voter do, Brexit and the Tories an prime example. Tbh when children are being murdered in a war then the local transport system seems irrelevant.

I'm sure if we had a vote on whether  to provide arms to Israel then the result would be conclusive. We don't though , the first chance to show voters horror at our governments actions, with main stream parties sitting on the fence, is to vote for an independent, I would have given the chance.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Voter do, Brexit and the Tories an prime example. Tbh when children are being murdered in a war then the local transport system seems irrelevant.

I'm sure if we had a vote on whether  to provide arms to Israel then the result would be conclusive. We don't though , the first chance to show voters horror at our governments actions, with main stream parties sitting on the fence, is to vote for an independent, I would have given the chance.

Yeah, I just don’t understand that thinking tbh.

At a General Election, sure. It shows the unhappiness. When voting for your mayor? Odd.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, I just don’t understand that thinking tbh.

At a General Election, sure. It shows the unhappiness. When voting for your mayor? Odd.

There won't be an option in a general election, will there?  They protest every weekend up and down the country, something is seriously wrong when we supply arms to bomb civilians and criticise/punish Russia for doing the same thing.

We might be supporting Israel with military assistance and political cover, but it shouldn’t influence your vote or cause you to protest.

Just vote for more of the same and then wish really really hard for something nice.

Â