The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Surely any surplus should be first used to cut national debt which has rocketed at a time of high borrowing costs.

That puts the nation in a better place in future 

It is a future that they are not going to be part of so they won't give a shit about that.

I think in terms of any surplus though I can't see Labour using any extra money to pay down debt when they get in. Any surplus will have to go into getting public services, especially the NHS and social care, back to something like the standard they were at 14 years ago.

The Tories are leaving behind a huge mess. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Think I saw yesterday that the Young Conservatives are disbanding, they must have realised that belonging to that club means they'll never get sex.

They were previously disbanded in 1998, so in electoral cycle terms its a couple of years early

Latest line coming from the Tories is that disabled people must work from home so they can do their duty or lose their benefits. Do these self serving bastards feel they have done their duty over the last 14 years. They really are scum. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Latest line coming from the Tories is that disabled people must work from home so they can do their duty or lose their benefits. Do these self serving bastards feel they have done their duty over the last 14 years. They really are scum. 

Targeting those least able to defend themselves. Every time I think the Tories have reached the bottom of the barrel, they manage to plumb ever lower. Expect to see workhouses reintroduced in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

I think there's a crumb of an idea in there, in that encouraging employers to make concession to wfh for those who are otherwise able to work except for mobility issues, etc, could make a subset of disabled people able to work and live independently rather than being trapped in a life of dependency on benefits.

Having seen the way that DWP have increasingly bullied and harassed disabled people though, and, you know, tories doing tory things, I think it's fair to say that's the furthest intention from their mind and they're just looking for more enemies of the people. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think there's a crumb of an idea in there, in that encouraging employers to make concession to wfh for those who are otherwise able to work except for mobility issues, etc, could make a subset of disabled people able to work and live independently rather than being trapped in a life of dependency on benefits.

Having seen the way that DWP have increasingly bullied and harassed disabled people though, and, you know, tories doing tory things, I think it's fair to say that's the furthest intention from their mind and they're just looking for more enemies of the people. 

Whatever the reasons they do what they do, you can be pretty sure the welfare of the disabled, is pretty low down the order. Someone’s got to pay for these tax cuts after all.

Seems likely thst he will reduce NI, stick with the pensions ttriiple lock so 8.5% increase, and benefits to go by thd September inflation rate not the smaller October one.  These will obviously come into effect in April next year. Although this is not a budget. Its one last effort to try and win votes for the next election.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Surely there has to be some leeway regarding the severity of people's condition and it will have to be very flexible. Can't see how it will work myself. The most shambolic thing I've heard is getting rid of of the work capability test fit those who on universal credit deemed unfit for work. So basically it means if you can't claim pip you can't get the extra money for LCWRA.  I know there's a number abusing the system but this will effect the genuine ones as well.

This government **** up and then point the blame at the ones thst can't fight back. It's like with the bankers created the stock market crash who did this lot with Cameron turn on l. The poorest in our society with austerity and cuts and sanctions, then we hss loads of food banks appear.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Would it be easier to hunt down some of the covid ppe scammers and get that money back?

I’ve got a list of names and addresses I could hand over.

I was thinking about this the other day, has Lady Mone managed to clear her name yet? She’s been gone for quite a while now.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was thinking about this the other day, has Lady Mone managed to clear her name yet? She’s been gone for quite a while now.

I believe they actually made a decision a few months ago not to pursue the money as it would be too difficult.

We’ve been scammed, basically, and they’ve all stuffed their pockets with cash.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I believe they actually made a decision a few months ago not to pursue the money as it would be too difficult.

We’ve been scammed, basically, and they’ve all stuffed their pockets with cash.

Thats a shame, as she might have been really close to proving she didn’t embezzle millions of pounds via a hastily made company to supply PPE that has no history of doing such a thing. She must be frustrated.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Imagine a country where the emphasis is on finding new ways for disability claimants to stop claiming whilst ignoring a >£100m fraud because it's too much hassle.

We've got some nerve to talk about other countries being corrupt or abusing human rights whilst our own government shits all over its own doorstep.

And the other problem is that the more of these stories there are, the less the general public think they should pay a decent amount of tax to fund decent services. 

• Like 1

Â