The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I wonder what their supporters think of the conference.

From the outside/opposition it looks like a load of raving politicians trying to say stuff to save their jobs, lies lots of lies and clearly at opposition to each other still.

Are they seeing it and saying that’s exactly what the country needs or hearing one headline and thinking thats enough for me to vote for them. It’s immigrants, Covid, Russia, trans, woke, northerners fault.  

29 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I wonder what their supporters think of the conference.

From the outside/opposition it looks like a load of raving politicians trying to say stuff to save their jobs, lies lots of lies and clearly at opposition to each other still.

Are they seeing it and saying that’s exactly what the country needs or hearing one headline and thinking thats enough for me to vote for them. It’s immigrants, Covid, Russia, trans, woke, northerners fault.  

Never mind all that nonsense, are they going to make me richer?

• Like 1

Levelling up

Northern Power House

Aid for Ukraine

Fastest Biggest Post Covid Recovery

Clamping Down On Trans People

Less Small Boats This Summer

40 New Hospitals

Standing Up To Greedy Doctors

Bailing Me and You Out During Covid

Seven Bin Ban

Pledge To Reduce The Civil Service

War On Woke Science

Standing Up And Fighting

A Different Kind Of Politics

Common Sense

Zero Meat Tax Pledge

A Fresh Start To Put Right The Last Decade

Standing Up To Universal Human Rights

Getting Tougher On Scroungers

perhaps you need to ask yourselves why the hell you aren’t voting for them?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, limpid said:

Never mind all that nonsense, are they going to make me richer?

But only the top get richer. I can only assume that those lines are for those “patriots” across the lower and working class looking at it and thinking that’s exactly what is wrong so let’s keep them in, they speak for me. The biggest con of a party in history. 

Just now, Nicho said:

But only the top get richer. I can only assume that those lines are for those “patriots” across the lower and working class looking at it and thinking that’s exactly what is wrong so let’s keep them in, they speak for me. The biggest con of a party in history. 

Yes, that's the grift. They've persuaded people who won't get richer that they will - not necessarily simply financially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Levelling up

Northern Power House

Aid for Ukraine

Fastest Biggest Post Covid Recovery

Clamping Down On Trans People

Less Small Boats This Summer

40 New Hospitals

Standing Up To Greedy Doctors

Bailing Me and You Out During Covid

Seven Bin Ban

Pledge To Reduce The Civil Service

War On Woke Science

Standing Up And Fighting

A Different Kind Of Politics

Common Sense

Zero Meat Tax Pledge

A Fresh Start To Put Right The Last Decade

Standing Up To Universal Human Rights

Getting Tougher On Scroungers

perhaps you need to ask yourselves why the hell you aren’t voting for them?

Don't  forget protecting the right to pollute

• Like 1

In other very nerdy election news, there was a council by-election in Amington yesterday, which forms part of the Tamworth constituency. So with all the usual caveats, it is still Tamworth constituency voters who will be voting again in two weeks doing a basic Tory / Labour choice. So gives *some* information.

The Labour candidate won by nine points  - apparently a five point win here (based on previous votes etc) would have been the benchmark to suggest that Labour are on track to win the Pincher seat in two weeks. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

In other very nerdy election news, there was a council by-election in Amington yesterday, which forms part of the Tamworth constituency. So with all the usual caveats, it is still Tamworth constituency voters who will be voting again in two weeks doing a basic Tory / Labour choice. So gives *some* information.

The Labour candidate won by nine points  - apparently a five point win here (based on previous votes etc) would have been the benchmark to suggest that Labour are on track to win the Pincher seat in two weeks. 

I think the tories are going to get battered at the MP by-election in 2 weeks time. Everything on social media is about getting them out of the town.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

We need a Tory clearout so the new tory’s can point over their shoulder and say “the mad lot are gone now, we’re not like that”.

But then they will prove they are, if not even worse. It's been that way for generations

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

We need a Tory clearout so the new tory’s can point over their shoulder and say “the mad lot are gone now, we’re not like that”.

Won't happen. The Tories will actually get more throbby and more irrelevant. Just wait until Farage re-joins them

They will have to unite around someone after the next election and in all likelihood that will be one of Patel, Braverman, Mordaunt (but she might not even keep her seat) or Badennoch. There isn't a viable option for leader that isn't a throbber and the grassroots party is more throbby than a throbby thing

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Won't happen. The Tories will actually get more throbby and more irrelevant. Just wait until Farage re-joins them

They will have to unite around someone after the next election and in all likelihood that will be one of Patel, Braverman, Mordaunt (but she might not even keep her seat) or Badennoch. There isn't a viable option for leader that isn't a throbber and the grassroots party is more throbby than a throbby thing

James Cleverley is the closest they have. Clearly doing his best to keep all of the lunatic fringes on his side, popular with the members etc. I reckon if the final two were him and Badenoch he'd lose, him and Braverman he'd win. 

Unless something strange happens, I'd expect those three to be the people in the conversation though.

On 05/10/2023 at 18:40, Brumstopdogs said:

Would not mind standing something up …….……….if there’s any…………..**rest of post removed on legal advice after reading the @mjmooney  misogyny thread 

Edited by Follyfoot

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m struggling to identify what sort of train that is he’s tweeted from about boosting transport.

Anybody here good at trains?

I know, I know! Is it a magic money train?

The post suggests that the "here's  how" is in the photo. So Rishi with his folder on a private jet is the solution  to all those problems.  Life is simpler  than I thought 

Edited by one_ian_taylor

Â