The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Rishi blames both the EU, Labour and the HoL for missing his parties own commitments

Rishi Sunak has told LBC an EU legacy law is to blame for a lack of housebuilding in the UK.

The manifesto that I inherited committed us to delivering a million homes over this Parliament and we are on track to deliver that,” Mr Sunak told LBC.

LBC’s Tom Swarbrick pointed out that there are still more than 300,000 homes to be built for that target to be met - which has not happened in a single year since the commitment was made.

Mr Sunak replied: “Last time I had a look at this, we are on track to deliver the million homes over this Parliament. The place where housebuilding is acutely not happening is in London, under the Labour mayor, Sadiq Khan.”

The prime minister went on to blame an EU legacy law for a lack of housebuilding in the UK.

“Just a few weeks ago, we wanted to change an EU legacy law that we’d inherited, that is currently blocking the builidng of 100,000 homes across the country, many of which already have planning permission.

“That was blocked by the Labour party in the House of Lords.”

Apart from the fact it’s apparently blocked by the London Mayor, The EU, Labour, the HoL and they never built so many in a year before it’s on track… last time he checked.

link

Missed opportunity to not blame the migrants though.

Edited by Genie

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m struggling to identify what sort of train that is he’s tweeted from about boosting transport.

Anybody here good at trains?

Looks like a gravy train to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

And that's how I found out sidcow has me on block :(

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vn0azempi1fwdwbu88

No mate. Just posted it before I read yours and couldn't be arsed to post

spiderman-gotcha.gif

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Rishi blames both the EU, Labour and the HoL for missing his parties own commitments

Apart from the fact it’s apparently blocked by the London Mayor, The EU, Labour, the HoL and they never built so many in a year before it’s on track… last time he checked.

link

Missed opportunity to not blame the migrants though.

Ironically, they will probably be building them, but hey they've still got to take some blame.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Ironically, they will probably be building them, but hey they've still got to take some blame.

They can’t do that sort of joined up thinking.

On one hand, big shortage of low skilled workers and trades causing massive inflation and in some cases, bankruptcy.

On the other hand, thousands of low skilled migrants who want to live and work here but instead of paying their way are told they cannot work until their application is processed and must stay in tax payer funded hotels, which takes 2 years plus. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I must have watched Penny Mordor's speech 10 or 15 times and the laughter is more intense each time. Are these words removed even trying anymore?

Is she on medication.

This is why they still allow freedom of speech, so the Tories can bout that load of BS! 

I kinda liked her, but my god that was just awful, felt like were just about to go to war.

Just now, bickster said:

Being a Human Rights KC mainly, though the trolling aspect is amusing.

Did she meet Boris Johnson at work by any chance? I have no idea but it’s where he seems to meet most of his conquests.

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Absolute clown.

24 hours after the conference announcement his Welsh Secretary was sent out to clarify that the £1Billion electrification of the North Wales line had been based on 2015 budgets, so they were re looking at the effectiveness of the proposal as the estimate was now £1.5Billion. 24 hours.

I’d predicted on here that the eventual cost would be £2.4 Billion, and it would never be completed. But I hadn’t anticipated a 50% cost increase in 24 hours.

It’s actually quite sad, the waste and the transparency of the lies.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Â