The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Who are you calling snowflakes?

The club have told him he can't wear them. Quite rightly, they don't want to create a political divide within the club or within the fanbase.

While I'd support the message on a placard, if the club let one of our players wear that message, I'd have been incredibly disappointed. I'd be surprised if it doesn't fall foul of league rules anyway, if the club hadn't intervened.

spacer.png

I mean, you’re right of course as usual, but just, ugh….

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I just want to take a moment and salute the Conservative party for having our first Prime minister of British/Indian descent. 

No qualifications, they have done something good today.

Now I can get back to criticizing every bloody other thing they do :)

Absolutely, and our first Billionaire PM too which is great for billionaires and descendants of billionaires in this country and across the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

For 'bold', read comical, sad and embarrassing.

I mean, she isn't right to hold any position of power but that isn't going to be the Tories view. 

We normally expect ex-cabinet members to creep back in after a while (when people had forgotten) but it has been 1 week when she technically resigned for breach of security. If she wasn't fit to be a minister last week for valid reasons, why is she fit to be a minister this week? Utter farce. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I mean, she isn't right to hold any position of power but that isn't going to be the Tories view. 

We normally expect ex-cabinet members to creep back in after a while (when people had forgotten) but it has been 1 week when she technically resigned for breach of security. If she wasn't fit to be a minister last week for valid reasons, why is she fit to be a minister this week? Utter farce. 

They just can’t help themselves from creating their own crises.

If there isn’t enough going on in the world they are permanently putting out fires they created themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Braverman back? 

Meet the new scum, same as the old scum.

I know I keep saying this but as well as jobs for the nominations etc the other problem with the Tory Party is the absolute lack of any political talent in it's ranks. 357 MPs and most of them are empty headed deadwood, those that have previously been in power have been found out, those that haven't never had the talent to in the first place.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

She was literally just 'sacked' (read forced to resign) for a huge break of the ministerial code.

Nah! It was genuinely a minor technical breach according to news reports. She sent a page from a draft bill to another MP in parliament, where the content had already been made public, from her personal not work e mail account. It’s not a sacking offence. She could have, for example, reported her breath to the privileges committee and would have been told “be more careful”. and that would have been that.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I know I keep saying this but as well as jobs for the nominations etc the other problem with the Tory Party is the absolute lack of any political talent in it's ranks. 357 MPs and most of them are empty headed deadwood, those that have previously been in power have been found out, those that haven't never had the talent to in the first place.

I read something the other day on my iPad where Heidi someone (Allen?) the MP who resigned and formed Change UK was talking about entering parliament when she got elected and expecting all these clever serious people and being gobsmacked at how dim, rude and ignorant so many were.

The other thing is the problem of strict ideology so many have which just overwhelms any semblance of common sense they may have. 

• Like 1

Â