The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it will come down to Mordaunt vs Sunak and then one will stand down for the other.  It'll be disappointingly boring, I want a bit more chaos then an election.

Squid games? 

46 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it will come down to Mordaunt vs Sunak and then one will stand down for the other.  It'll be disappointingly boring, I want a bit more chaos then an election.

I think it’ll be Mordaunt. I think she’s less divisive than Sunak (and Johnson). 

Unless it goes to the members, then it’ll be Johnson.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I think it’ll be Mordaunt. I think she’s less divisive than Sunak (and Johnson). 

Unless it goes to the members, then it’ll be Johnson.

I think Brady has put the mockers on a BoJo return by insisting on minimum 100 backers. 

Just now, choffer said:

I think Brady has put the mockers on a BoJo return by insisting on minimum 100 backers. 

Yes that has been suggested. I don’t know if he has the numbers between some of Truss supporters, along with maybe Badenoch and Braverman supporters. 

Those three had 122 votes between them in the first round of the last leadership race. 

Obviously that relies on the majority of those going to Johnson. I don’t know if they will, maybe most of Truss voters would be split between Mordaunt and Sunak.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yes that has been suggested. I don’t know if he has the numbers between some of Truss supporters, along with maybe Badenoch and Braverman supporters. 

Those three had 122 votes between them in the first round of the last leadership race. 

Obviously that relies on the majority of those going to Johnson. I don’t know if they will, maybe most of Truss voters would be split between Mordaunt and Sunak.

My money would be Sunak getting 180 or so, Mordaunt getting 70 or so, Johnson getting 40 or so and nobody else getting close. Sunak by Monday evening. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

My money would be Sunak getting 180 or so, Mordaunt getting 70 or so, Johnson getting 40 or so and nobody else getting close. Sunak by Monday evening. 

Is it possible that the anti Sunak group will get a sense of that and rally around one candidate to prevent that?

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is it possible that the anti Sunak group will get a sense of that and rally around one candidate to prevent that?

They're a party of nutters, and around a quarter of the party hate him - but I don't think there is enough of an anti-Sunak group to get those sorts of numbers together.

The biggest wing of the Tory party by a mile now is "what do I need to do to give me the best chance of not being smashed at the next election", and there are enough of those people to just put Sunak in the job without a fight.

Brilliantly though, the anti-Sunak group are more than numerous enough to make his time as Prime Minister nearly impossible. So it's all good, whatever happens. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I think you're right. Tories know they need a bit of quiet now and they also know Sunak was right all along - subliminally I think they'll be put off Mordor as a woman and as too reminiscent of Truss - not that they are right to do so but they'll go for the serious man. Unless of course they're more racist than I imagined. 

Â