The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The longer this goes on, MPs will realise that they are going to be out of a job soon, or many of them anyway. Now, given the absolute shit show that we have, many of those MPs will know that they will find it hard to actually get a job after their defeat. Those cushy directorates / advisory jobs will just not be there such is the level of hatred for them. They know this. A lot of them may draw the conclusion that it is better to be responsible for bringing the shitshow down than it is to just meekly sit it out.

How they do that and how they pull it off I don't know but don't assume that sitting it out to the bitter end will be the only endgame in town

I guess the only option would be to cross the floor or become an independent. With their levels of arrogance, I can see a few of them hoping that the public will forget their past misdemeanours and give it a go. 

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

I guess the only option would be to cross the floor or become an independent. With their levels of arrogance, I can see a few of them hoping that the public will forget their past misdemeanours and give it a go. 

It is quite rare, and even rarer to have a successful time of it. I can only think of Shaun Woodward who managed to bag a few ministerial jobs.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is quite rare, and even rarer to have a successful time of it. I can only think of Shaun Woodward who managed to bag a few ministerial jobs.

I imagine Christian Wakeford probably isn't regretting his life choices at the moment. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

All she does is repeat the same answer to any question asked.

The interviewer should have just asked if he was speaking to a robot and cut it short.

She is still going on about the energy price guarantee and behaving as if it were her crown jewel achievement but that isn't even for 2 years anymore its till April 🤣.

Edited by AshVilla

You know its bad for the tories when even tory voters are saying they hope labour come into power so the Conservatives can re group and "sort themselves out"

Labour can just stay silent and fart during PMQs and they will still wipe the floor with them In 2 years. Im expecting a labour government to be in power for at least 12 years

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

so the Conservatives can re group and "sort themselves out"

This looks like a forlorn hope, the Tory members are undoubtedly the most politically & economically unaware members of any political party in the UK.

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Must say I do prefer Chris Mason to Kuenssberg. 

It's a low bar. Kuenssberg was an empty Tory lickspittle. People only noticed when she'd fulfilled her purpose.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's a low bar. Kuenssberg was an empty Tory lickspittle. People only noticed when she'd fulfilled her purpose.

I think it was Marr in the New Statesman (after he'd left the BBC, obvs) who nailed what the problem with Kuenssberg was.

She was just the wrong hire - she'd done a good job as a correspondent, and would get a lot of good quotes and scoops for the BBC. 

But then just did exactly the same thing as Political Editor, not realising that her job had changed from "get quote from Government lackey and report it" to "analyse and contextualise quote from Government lackey to help the viewer understand what was actually going on".

And it didn't take long for the more mendacious parts of the Tory operation to realise that as long as they kept her in intel and quotes, she probably wouldn't give them any problems. 

Edit - for example, had she been in the job 15 years earlier she wouldn't have been tearing Blair apart at the behest of her Tory paymasters, she'd had have been  happily typing up everything that Campbell had whispered in her ear and calling it a job well done.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

We must be an international laughing stock. 

How have we gone from Boris to this. This country needs to wake the **** up. Luckily it seems we are.

I'm terrified 2 years is enough time to manipulate us again though.

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How have we gone from Boris to this.

How have we gone from a bunch of winging-it incompetents with terrible politics to a very similar bunch of winging-it incompetents with terrible politics? 

I mean, it's not that much of a change is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

How have we gone from a bunch of winging-it incompetents with terrible politics to a very similar bunch of winging-it incompetents with terrible politics? 

Hasn't got the confident bluster and bullshit. It's scary how much that seems to make the difference

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I didn't make me point properly. I didn't mean the difference between Boris and Truss. 

I'm just stunned that we've voted in Boris and now we have Truss. Just back to back corruption and stupidity. 

• Thanks 1

Â