The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just saw this on fb referring to Rishi

'Judge my actions not my wealth' says man whose actions include breaking the law and supporting Boris while secretly plotting to replace him

Apparently his campaign website was registered since last December.

• Like 1

A lot of sleaze/negative headlines coming out about Mordaunt today.

I wonder if Sunak/Truss are worried and getting people to attack her via the press.

Edited by AshVilla

Tugendhat will pull out as his vote has gone backwards. One Nation Toryism is now a small minority of about 30-40 MP's in the party now. Hunt backing Sunak didn't help but Jezza obviously wants one last cabinet post. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

whatever it is, is rubbish. Claims like that take no account for the tribal insanity of elections these days. The party could have been found to engaged in child trafficking for decades, killing people etc etc and it would be rendered irrelevant by a couple of resignations. It might lose a couple extra seats, but it will NEVER effect an election on that scale. The only way it would have a chance of doing so would if it emerged within one month of the election

42 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sue Ellen now eliminated. 

I saw her referred to as Cruella Braverman today, which felt apt.

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Tugendhat will pull out as his vote has gone backwards. One Nation Toryism is now a small minority of about 30-40 MP's in the party now. Hunt backing Sunak didn't help but Jezza obviously wants one last cabinet post. 

Shame his Dad didn't...

*thinking out loud*

So Bravermans votes will go mainly to Badenoch (Two Uber Brexit nutters)

Tugendhats will go mainly to Mordor (Not tainted by Johnson much / Miltary background / saying as little on policy as possible)

SO

Final three could well be Sunak, Mordor, Badenoch but with Mordor actually in the lead

Where do Truss' votes go? Not Sunak I don't think but I don't think Badenoch has enough votes to catch Sunak

So it'll be Mordor who trounces Sunak in the Membership runoff

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There is no good ending to the story of new PM is there?

It's a horrible bunch of massively flawed individuals hell bent on an awful future that suits only a tiny minority.

And yet, for some reason, 14M Britons voted Conservative in 2019 -- an overwhelming popular vote (even Trump lost the popular vote by a good margin in 2016). I don't disagree with your take on the candidates for party leader, but I almost envy the time when having merely decrying "massively flawed individuals" (I mean, who isn't?) was actually a workable political strategy. If someone such as Sunak wants "an awful future" for a "tiny minority," I don't think HE actually knows that. I think that's likely incorrect. Maybe Labour will get its **** together now, but sometimes I wonder if they really even want power since Sir Keir (so far) doesn't seem to have a clear message that I can see. But above all, the public has got to come around, right?  

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Â