The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Some clearing in the woods on BBC News saying that we should be grateful that Boris got us out of a crisis.

Oh yeah, feels like everything is working perfectly for the majority of households in this country.

Cheers Boris.

word removed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is Sunak not a realistic leadership option?

Yes - but I don't how.

He did the eat out to help out - which increased COVID - cut fuel duty - but the price rise out stripped it  - seems to make a lot of mistakes.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Am I right that his leadership contest is voted by the full membership, not just MPs? 

If so, I'm sticking with my prediction of 'no brown people with funny foreign names'. 

Only when get whittled down to 2 IIRC. Until that stage the MPs vote as to who is picked. 

Nice to have a say in who will be the next PM :rolleyes:

One thing is for sure, Johnson filled his cabinet with top talent to choose from for the vacant position. Dorries, Zahawi, Braverman, Raab, that one who lasted a day before resigning. The list really is endless.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

... the bribery he was going to announce today...

They've spunked so much of our money into their chums' offshore accounts already.

The majority are really shafted long term, whilst the finance parasites lick their lips and chuck wads at Bentleys and watches.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Some clearing in the woods on BBC News saying that we should be grateful that Boris got us out of a crisis.

Oh yeah, feels like everything is working perfectly for the majority of households in this country.

Cheers Boris.

word removed.

I’ve heard this kind of thing too (referring to covid). Are they suggesting we’d still be in our houses, wearing masks with everything closed if someone else was in charge?

Just now, Genie said:

Big debate to be had elsewhere... Is the UK ready? Would he win a GE, or would his skin colour get in the way? 

I think the answer is no but maybe I'm being too harsh on us 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The only thing he had going for him was giving millions free money when nobody knew who he was

His reputation has tanked since, I can't see him even running

• Like 1

Like many on here, I managed to reach the ripe old age of my mid twenties before seeing the fourth prime minister in my lifetime take office.

My daughter (unbeknownst to her) is now witnessing her fourth PM take charge. She’s six.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

Sunak would hopefully not lose because of his skin colour, rather his wife's ties to Russia, his fine for partying during lockdown and his obvious flaws connected to high finance.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I’ve heard this kind of thing too (referring to covid). Are they suggesting we’d still be in our houses, wearing masks with everything closed if someone else was in charge?

Apparently if anyone other than Boris was in charge we'd all be living on the streets as energy costs would be £40k a month, with fuel prices at £400 per gallon.

I can't believe that some MP's are still supporting him.

Just now, magnkarl said:

Sunak would hopefully not lose because of his skin colour, rather his wife's ties to Russia, his fine for partying during lockdown and his obvious flaws connected to high finance.

How naiive. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder who's next. Climate-change denying Steve Baker has thrown his hat into the ring. Borius was a danger to the British economy and our reputation on the global stage. Steve Baker in a senior government position is a threat to humanity.

He's got no chance, regardless of the politics, there's a good chance he won't even get elected at the next election. His Wycombe seat is a very interesting watch. He's been losing vote share for a while, his majority is only 4k now, Labour in a very poor election year did maintained their vote in Wycombe and the LibDems increased too, tactical voting in that seat and he's toast

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Now saying Tories will have a leader within 2 weeks ? - Yet Boris is staying on as PM until the autumn ? - what a fecking mess.

Plenty of time for Boris to accidentally run over the cat, burn down the house and shag someone's wife then.

Â