The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Straggler said:

For people struggling to understand why the rail staff have to strike, just imagine having to negotiate with people who will trot out transparent and blatant lies to your face. 

Oh I don't know, faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary I feel that strikes shouldn't be an inconvenience and hopefully the idea of potential inconvenience would do the job instead. 

2 minutes ago, Straggler said:

For people struggling to understand why the rail staff have to strike, just imagine having to negotiate with people who will trot out transparent and blatant lies to your face. 

They wish the government would trot out lies to their face. Instead they hide, refuse to get involved, and air transparent and blatant lies in the press.

• Like 1

As shit as this all is for many people, the values that many of us hold dear, like equality, came from strikes and protests. 

The powers that be have not only always tried to f##k us up the arse, they want to go in dry. If people hadn’t stood up to it over the years we’d be living in a very different, and less pleasant world. 

If I have to suffer for a few days so people get treated fairly, so be it. 

Edited by av1

FYI, no point nurses going on strike as the shifts just get filled by bank/agency staff so there’s no disruption to services rendering the whole thing pointless in the first place. We will always have shit pay and we are at the mercy of ‘independent panels’ made up of stooges. 

I guess that if you deliberately pour petrol on a volatile situation just so that you can create a political narrative of "blame" and you're the ones in charge, then you run the risk of people actually thinking it's your fault. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

FYI, no point nurses going on strike as the shifts just get filled by bank/agency staff so there’s no disruption to services rendering the whole thing pointless in the first place. We will always have shit pay and we are at the mercy of ‘independent panels’ made up of stooges. 

We have issues with bank nurses at our trust, its a massive problem attracting not just good nurses, but nurses period we are finding. Most of ours are coming from abroad

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We have issues with bank nurses at our trust, its a massive problem attracting not just good nurses, but nurses period we are finding. Most of ours are coming from abroad

Because we sent half of them home after Brexit, a quarter of what’s left have left as it’s crap, have left for other pastures or retired and the rest of us Band 6 and below are just left dazed and bewildered after the last few years and watching as we slowly slide toward needing foodbanks and hoping the cost of living doesn’t completely destroy what’s left of our sanity.

Fully knowing the harm to people it would potentially cause I would still 100% strike tomorrow if it meant seriously disrupting the health services and getting us all better pay but striking staff will be covered by agency staff thus rendering the strike pointless in the first place. 

A sad state of affairs. 100% of the blame to the Gov’t and anyone, ANYONE, who voted for them. It’s all on Tory voters heads and I hope you all get what you deserve. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Because we sent half of them home after Brexit, a quarter of what’s left have left as it’s crap, have left for other pastures or retired and the rest of us Band 6 and below are just left dazed and bewildered after the last few years and watching as we slowly slide toward needing foodbanks and hoping the cost of living doesn’t completely destroy what’s left of our sanity.

Fully knowing the harm to people it would potentially cause I would still 100% strike tomorrow if it meant seriously disrupting the health services and getting us all better pay but striking staff will be covered by agency staff thus rendering the strike pointless in the first place. 

A sad state of affairs. 100% of the blame to the Gov’t and anyone, ANYONE, who voted for them. It’s all on Tory voters heads and I hope you all get what you deserve. 

Its scary mate. We have had some come that have as much nursing experience as me.  Consultants kicking a stink and refusing to do clinics with them again.

Last paragraph i agree with the Conservatives have destroyed the nhs

My missus is a nurse, her best friends are nurses, they’ve been in the profession for nearly 20 years, I’ve heard first hand what has happened since 2010. It’s shocking and awful. Most of them - her and her friends, are looking for a way out. 

52 minutes ago, choffer said:

I think I’m developing a most unlikely man crush

He has been a breath of fresh air. Calm and composed always putting his point across well and calling out the lies for what they are. Total contrast to the politicians they keep dredging up to go against him. When you're telling the truth though and have knowledge and facts to back that up then it will come easy.

I'd imagine he has swayed a few people and got them on side of the workers he represents.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its scary mate. We have had some come that have as much nursing experience as me.  Consultants kicking a stink and refusing to do clinics with them again.

Last paragraph i agree with the Conservatives have destroyed the nhs

When you want to privatise something the first step is to undermine it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Someone who's swallowed the buzz words (and plenty more no doubt), Vs a cohesive understanding of the situation.

My word. This video says a lot.

Â