The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is it cynical of me to think that the Tories probably wanted this Rwanda thing to be proven to be unlawful?

Then they can show how hard they were trying to be to satisfy the gammons but claim it was stopped by those pesky judges and then not actually have to do it

Absolutely.

They want Brexit and immigration in the headlines - if the EU and Human rights groups intervene so much the better.

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

A full size Boeing jet to carry an expected 7 people to Rwanda.

Further fantastic money management from this sham of a government.

Yeah, that’ll be scaring the shit out of these people traffickers.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Liz Truss were to travel too, on her own full size Boeing 747.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Liz Truss were to travel too, on her own full size Boeing 747.

Priti Patel not Truss. There's no way Truss will be able to pronounce Édouard Ngirente

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is it cynical of me to think that the Tories probably wanted this Rwanda thing to be proven to be unlawful?

Then they can show how hard they were trying to be to satisfy the gammons but claim it was stopped by those pesky judges and then not actually have to do it

I wouldn't deny they might have the motive, but I've seen nothing from this lot since 2019 to show that they have this level of foresight or competence.

• Like 1

Those GP practices sold to the American company Centene are routinely being run by underqualified and unsupervised 'doctors'.

Over half a million are on their books.

American shareholders matter more than the safety and wellbeing of UK citizens to the Tory filth.

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Those GP practices sold to the American company Centene are routinely being run by underqualified and unsupervised 'doctors'.

Over half a million are on their books.

American shareholders matter more than the safety and wellbeing of UK citizens to the Tory filth.

This race to the bottom, whilst raising large amounts of money for friends of the Tories is going exactly as predicted.

On the drive into work this morning I was listening to (the absolutely awful) Nick Ferrari on LBC who had a load of people call in who were very opposed to sending migrants to Rwanda on a variety of grounds from the financial to the moral. He would always ask the question "well do you have a better idea?" in order to try and show them up, no doubt.

It reminded me alot of the scenes from Chernobyl (great series, give it a watch if you haven't already) where all the idiots running the power station were asking everyone from the lowly technicians to the highly educated professor - "How does an RBMK reactor explode?" and when they didn't have the answer proceeded to tell them to shut the **** up.

Just because there isn't an easy answer or someone doesn't have one immediately, doesn't mean we have to resort to being a bunch of words removed.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

On the drive into work this morning I was listening to (the absolutely awful) Nick Ferrari on LBC who had a load of people call in who were very opposed to sending migrants to Rwanda on a variety of grounds from the financial to the moral. He would always ask the question "well do you have a better idea?" in order to try and show them up, no doubt.

It reminded me alot of the scenes from Chernobyl (great series, give it a watch if you haven't already) where all the idiots running the power station were asking everyone from the lowly technicians to the highly educated professor - "How does an RBMK reactor explode?" and when they didn't have the answer proceeded to tell them to shut the **** up.

Just because there isn't an easy answer or someone doesn't have one immediately, doesn't mean we have to resort to being a bunch of words removed.  

I’ve heard Priti Patel say the same in the commons on the ludicrously terrible idea. She points at the opposition and says that they don’t have a better idea as if it makes it ok.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How can a FoI request be 'lefty'?

(link not working, check JRM's Twitter)

This one?

How on earth can he claim he's attended "on over 100%" of sitting days anyway? I'm rubbish at maths and even I know that 100% is as high as you can go unless you're a footballer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t get my head around this policy. 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much as Stevo says.

It also allows them to attack people who disagree with them as racists because 'what's wrong with Rwanda?'

27 minutes ago, choffer said:

This one?

How on earth can he claim he's attended "on over 100%" of sitting days anyway? I'm rubbish at maths and even I know that 100% is as high as you can go unless you're a footballer.

I think that's his point. And he convenienty, tediously and mind-numbingly conflates the error with a dig at 'lefty' FOI request and a dig at working from home (as if no mistakes were ever made in an office).

He's such a clearing in the woods anyway.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It also allows them to attack people who disagree with them as racists because 'what's wrong with Rwanda?'

FQUQr88XsAgSZho.jpg

39 minutes ago, choffer said:

This one?

He was the chief whip for most of that period

I also make it that 154 sitting days is.. 22 weeks away from the office in a year

He's also rich enough to be able to live within a stone's throw of Parliament

Â