The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Obviously there's more nuance to politics than good and evil but Priti Patel is **** evil

The saddest thing about this whole thing is that half the country probably see stuff like this and are happy about it

Remember this when they're on TV teary eyed saying they're doing everything they can. 

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-home-office-confirm-new-uk-visa-centre-in-lille-will-not-accept-walk-in-applications-from-ukrainian-refugees-12561804

When fleeing a warzone, make sure you get a referral first, yeah? 

A visa centre being set up in northern France to assist Ukrainian refugees will not offer appointments or walk-in access, and its exact location will not be made public, the Home Office has confirmed.

Earlier, a Downing Street spokesman told reporters the centre in Lille would "start accepting appointments" from Thursday, but that has been contradicted by a statement released by the Home Office.

Not been on the forums for a week or so, but I was arguing back then that the government had done a decent job regarding Ukraine. While I still think we did well in the early stages by getting them weapons and training them on how to use them pre-invasion (in the face of EU resistance), and then pushing for stronger sanctions (in the face of EU resistance) after the initial round of sanctions proved very tame, I've been very disappointed with what has happened since then.

The EU and US moved much faster with regards to seizing the property of the sanctioned individuals - even other countries like Germany that also have a lot of Russian money sloshing around - and we've also really not done our part with regards to welcoming refugees either. Not a good showing, and there's no real excuse for it either.

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

How on earth does someone get to the mental state where they contact other countries and ask them not to let in mothers and children from a war zone, just in case they then leave that refuge and try to come here?

Absolute **** psychopath.

I agree, but also think that if there was a vote on whether it was the right approach to take it would win. The absolute state of the country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I agree, but also think that if there was a vote on whether it was the right approach to take it would win. The absolute state of the country.

This is what I said earlier. That's the disappointing part. Half the country will hear that and think "good on her"

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if all these stories about us making it hard for refugees to come her are deliberate. As in they're making it deliberately hard for them to come here because they know their voters will like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is what I said earlier. That's the disappointing part. Half the country will hear that and think "good on her"

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if all these stories about us making it hard for refugees to come her are deliberate. As in they're making it deliberately hard for them to come here because they know their voters will like that.

Yeah because believe it or not she's actually get stick from the right wing throbbers that she's too soft on immigration.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Boris Johnson at the root of so many of the things wrong with this country it’s unbelievable.

The opposition would be worse. They are all the same. It’s a media conspiracy. He’s doing the best he can. Etc.

• Like 2

Â