Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The bottom 3 will be out of us (definite), Sunderland (probables), Newcastle (are they ever going to sign any decent defenders????) and Bournemouth.

Bournemouth had a great run but they're dipping again, don't really win many home games and has anyone seen their last 10 games in the run in? Got Man. United, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man. City, certainly the hardest run in of them all.

I think the only chance is if the survival rare is really low like 33 or 34 points. To get there is 6 wins and 4/5 draws, that's not out of the question if we play like we did tonight. I think something like 38 points is though, simply too many games we need to win or draw.

And Swansea, and possibly Norwich Chris, they are not doing well and are fragile. Quite a large pool of candidates.

We just need 9 more wins from 17 games.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

And Swansea, and possibly Norwich Chris, they are not doing well and are fragile. Quite a large pool of candidates.

We just need 9 more wins from 17 games.

But when you've won 2 games In 19, picked up your first home league win since the General Election, and have 2 strikers with the turning circle of the QE2 and the touch of a rapist, 9 wins in 17 is a very big ask. ;)

The way I see it, we need to relay in our home games. Sounds weird but since Garde came we were playing really good at home.

Man City, Watford, Arsenal, West Ham and Palace. and btw they're all top 10 teams. Apart from Arsenal "to a degree" we were good on all those games in terms of performances. I've said before the match that we could turn the corner in these two games. Turning the corner doesn't mean staying up. But going into the right direction.

When you consider our performances at Everton, Southampton (before the goal), Newcastle (before the goal), Norwich and Sunderland there is a real difference on them. It might be something with confidence or something more. And all of them were bottom half.

The way I see it, we are hard to beat at home yet hard to win. Away we could sneak results but are easy to beat.

It sounds weird I know. But you could really see the change in terms of performance.

For now we need to start Kozak, but we really need to get a new striker. A loan deal would be great for all.

We are still playing,

Newcastle, Norwich, Bournmouth at home. It's quite different this time as we seem to do good at home. We're missing a striker for those games.

We have Everton, Southampton, Leicester and Spurs which are tricky games.

Then we have Liverpool, Chelsea.

Our vital away games are Swansea and West Brom.

We have tricky fixtures away in West Ham, Stoke and Watford.

Write offs in Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd.

It's really a hard task. Very hard one. But if we could sneak couple of wins now (I know I know) it might get really tight then who knows.

Someone mentioned that We'll play Newcastle and Bournmouth in the last couple of fixtures. Being in touch with them would only help.

I'm not trying to get my hope back like last time. But what do we have other than hope?

Havent anyone here got happy with the goal and the win?

We usually win 5 games every round. Last season it began against West Brom in the last minute. Which ended the rot.

Garde and the players are fighting. That's what we need. If we did, then who will not celebrate?

If we didn't, then we all accepted relegation since couple of games.

Against Sunderland when they scored, I went out and left the game between the halfs. I got back later and couldn't leave the game even though I thought it was the end of the season for us.

Then before the Palace game I started looking forward to it as our performances at home were good.

Bournemouth losing tonight was a bonus. I didn't think they were only 21 points. we couldn't depend on Norwich only.

Last season I think we were 22 points after 24 games.

Leicester were 19 after 29. Yet they finished above us.

I know they're fixtures were nice at the end of the season. But if tonight we turned the corner the we have nice and bad fixtures come up.

Anyway, I still think it's very very hard to achieve this, but we need to back the team for that.UTV

Our main target now is to leave the bottom of the table. then try and catch Newcastle. In fact anything for us apart from the bottom of the table would be a bonus for us. Even not leaving those two teams to laugh at us would worth that fight !

• Like 4

Leicester and Sunderland were both 7 points adrift in April/May. We're 8 points adrift in January with 17 games to go. We have time on our side and we look to be improving albeit slowly. A couple of good signings in this window (hopefully those crisis talks were successful), particularly a striker (Remy on loan would be perfect) and a DM then this fight back will be well and truly on. Don't give up hope!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Leicester and Sunderland were both 7 points adrift in April/May. We're 8 points adrift in January with 17 games to go. We have time on our side and we look to be improving albeit slowly. A couple of good signings in this window (hopefully those crisis talks were successful), particularly a striker (Remy on loan would be perfect) and a DM then this fight back will be well and truly on. Don't give up hope!

If that right? if so then wow, that actually cheers me up a lot!

just saw the goal, a bit of luck at last. Dont think we will stay up but if we beat Leicester it will give teams above us a fright and at least make us competitive

plus we wont go down as worst team in Premier League history at least :hooray:

Just now, Zatman said:

just saw the goal, a bit of luck at last. Dont think we will stay up but if we beat Leicester it will give teams above us a fright and at least make us competitive

plus we wont go down as worst team in Premier League history at least :hooray:

Confidence wise, the end of this season could have a huge impact on next season. Can't imagine the mood about the place if we broke that record. 

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Confidence wise, the end of this season could have a huge impact on next season. Can't imagine the mood about the place if we broke that record. 

And there was me hoping you'd take the record from us Rams. Ah well, nevermind, it's almost a badge of honour anyway.

Well done on the win last night, much needed.

I shall be up to Villa Park on 6th Feb to watch the Norwich game with my boy in the Upper Holte, where there's hope there's life and you gave yourselves some hope last night.

Could you send some of that energy and desire over to the iPro please, we seem to have lost ours.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Just need to worry about ourselves...

17 games to go and 8 points behind....sure that's been turned over plenty of time before.

The most concerning thing for me is that I do think 40 maybe needed this time...I don't think there is going to be team staying up on some muggy 34 points this time.

If we do that then we will do a Leicester next season :D 

Joking asaide, If we beat Leicester and Sandwell Town next week then i might start playing mind games with myself.     

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If we do that then we will do a Leicester next season :D 

Joking asaide, If we beat Leicester and Sandwell Town next week then i might start playing mind games with myself.     

If that happens we can easily be 2/3 points from safety with 15 games to go so it's game on really.

I feel like a real doom merchant here considering we won last night, but I still think we are dead on for being dropped. There just aren't enough spare goal scorers lying around that we can bring in to save us. There's just too much work ahead of us just to stay up, and I just can't see it. Sorry. :(

18 minutes ago, daft said:

I feel like a real doom merchant here considering we won last night, but I still think we are dead on for being dropped. There just aren't enough spare goal scorers lying around that we can bring in to save us. There's just too much work ahead of us just to stay up, and I just can't see it. Sorry. :(

There"s always one .

11 hours ago, useless said:

Sunderland survived the other season 7 points behind with only six games to go, and some of those games were away to top four sides. We've time on our side and a few teams will probably go on bad runs in the second half of the season. I still think we can catch the likes of Norwich and Bournemouth.

Yeah we also have a pretty tough run in, 

By the time the games come round we will have to play all of the likely Top 7/8 in our last 12/13 games!

Â