Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Ah, Big Chris, i have missed you. Got him for £4m even though i didn't need him. He even took a £20k pay cut. He's supposed to be back up to Thalles, but he cant stop scoring.

SnXeHMP.png

I snapped up the chance to buy Tekkers back for £6m on fm15, didn't need him but couldn't resist. Then swapped him for Lucas Ocampus the season after. Liverpool have a crazy amount of strikers.

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

@tarjei - Do you handle individual training and squad training too or let the assistants do it? 

I've always done it myself.. I think training is pretty simple now.

You have probably noticed that it's been changed from role training to position+role now, which I think is quite handy.

I typically like rounded players, so depending on their role I like to train them as mainly roaming playmakers, b2b, complete forwards, inside forwards, complete wingbacks and ball playing defenders. Those roles covers a lot of important attributes, and then I give them an individual focus to shore up a weakness. I wouldn't say that's the best way to do it, it's just they way I like to do it. BTW I completely ignore them if they are unhappy with training :)

As for squad training I use balanced/average and match training (30% but heavy and 50% in the 1st pre-season) until my tactic is fluid, then I switch to attacking movement.

I also try to get in professional players to tutor the youngsters. The only player who doesn't have a high professional rating in my team now is Grealish, because he refused any sort of tutoring :) So I'll probably sell him when he is around 28 and I'll never use him as a tutor.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It actually annoys me how good Tarjei is at this :D

Mainly because I absolutely suck balls at FM

I put in like 1500 hours into each version so it would be embarrassing if I couldn't figure this game out at some point :)

I think the best advice to give anyone who's trying to get better is to watch the matches in 2d classic on extended or comprehensive, at least when trying to make a tactic. And then look to make sure that whoever is in possession have good passing options, and try to see if there is any particular place where possession is breaking down or where the opposition is penetrating. The prozone tool is a great help with this. It takes up a lot of time though, so I don't blame the casual players who downloads tactics. I've done that myself when I feel like I'm hitting a wall.

• Like 1

This game sometimes.....! At times it feels like it's wired to give you a massive stress and rage related stroke.

We were drawn to face Liverpool in the semis. A team that we've had a very good handle on for a while

aphF4uS.png

Won the last seven against them with 24-3 in goal difference. But that didn't seem to matter much... cue a complete defensive breakdown.

FQFWjyP.png

This shambolic display included
5 goals from 5 chances for Liverpool  (we had 3 in 9)
All goals from Liverpool either went through the goalie and in or directed into the goal by him

A throw from the goalkeeper that went through the defender onto a Liverpool player who immediately scored

In total 2 mistakes from the goalkeeper directly causing a goal

Two mistakes from defenders causing a goal
Thank **** my attacking players were on point

The next day....

BFmmeRh.png.

That does explain a lot.

In the 2nd leg Liverpool played an ultra defensive 4141 and aside from the early goal we hardly had a chance in the first 45 minutes. The striker and playmaker was surrounded at all times, so I did something I rarely ever do which is to have my wing backs not go down the line but rather cross from deep and I gave them all a shoot on sight policy. This didn't result in any goals, as nearly all shots were blocked and the crosses were dealt with, but it resulted in an insane amount of corners which both the 2nd half goals came from.

k52Sefz.png

Chelsea beat Bayern 6-4 in the other semi. Chelsea is my bogey team. We only seem to beat when I manage to get under the skin of Mourinho, but it's about a 50-50 success rate with that and the results confirm it.

J0SnoTt.png

They've also become a rival due to the dynamic rivalries feature, so yeah. Good chance of this ending in heartbreak. My team seems to struggle with pressure.

Edited by tarjei

Bah, again he got the better of me

CIsOGdC.png

q0ImokM.png

thZ5jDY.png

u4Ir0aF.png

The striker got a 5.9 due to all the missed chances. Played him in the AM-position in 2nd half, but I think whatever I would have done would not have mattered. All the forward players missed their chances, and some misses were truly horrible. Should have won that game by 3/4 goals.

Edited by tarjei

3 hours ago, tarjei said:

Bah, again he got the better of me

CIsOGdC.png

q0ImokM.png

thZ5jDY.png

u4Ir0aF.png

The striker got a 5.9 due to all the missed chances. Played him in the AM-position in 2nd half, but I think whatever I would have done would not have mattered. All the forward players missed their chances, and some misses were truly horrible. Should have won that game by 3/4 goals.

Love the 'Justin Credible' name your using; I remember the WWE guy who used that name years ago.

Unless that is actually your real name?!?!?

8 hours ago, tarjei said:

I also try to get in professional players to tutor the youngsters. The only player who doesn't have a high professional rating in my team now is Grealish, because he refused any sort of tutoring :) So I'll probably sell him when he is around 28 and I'll never use him as a tutor.  

There are a couple of new features this year, one being quite pertinent to what you've said. The overall squad personality can have an effect on player personality, I think it happens until they're around 24 depending on adaptability. It might be too late for Grealish, but if you're finding youth players with poor personalities it's now more worthwhile in taking a gamble.

There's also been a simplification in the way mentality works. Now it mainly affects the space between the lines with Very Fluid being the most compact and then increasing to Highly Structured being the least compact. It still affects creative freedom with it being being reduced as you move from Very Fluid to Highly Structured.

19 minutes ago, V01 said:

There are a couple of new features this year, one being quite pertinent to what you've said. The overall squad personality can have an effect on player personality, I think it happens until they're around 24 depending on adaptability. It might be too late for Grealish, but if you're finding youth players with poor personalities it's now more worthwhile in taking a gamble.

There's also been a simplification in the way mentality works. Now it mainly affects the space between the lines with Very Fluid being the most compact and then increasing to Highly Structured being the least compact. It still affects creative freedom with it being being reduced as you move from Very Fluid to Highly Structured.

I read about that. I haven't seen much effect from the squad personality and I've been keeping an eye on it too. It might need one of those inbox "events" to change. I did have one of those, but it was with a youngster with half a star potential. I was hoping it was more of a gradual thing, or a bit of both. Grealish haven't changed one bit. He's his own boss no matter what, I guess. I've got a highly professional sqaud personality and the coach report on Grealish has him down as "trying to adapt" on the con side.

What I did notice that intrigued me a bit was that when I let go of a couple of youngsters who had stalled a bit in their development (and I told them that upon leaving) their personalities changed when they joined their new club. One went from professional to ambitious.

I was also reading in the bugs forum where they were talking about dribbling, and how it's changed so much since the beta. One of the devs said to try out very fluid to allow players to run more freely with the ball. I tried that, with a slight effect, but it did make my tactic a whole lot more effective in both ends of the pitch, I guess for the reason you mentioned.

To me it still makes sense to use fluid when using a high d-line and controlling possession while structured is more suited to counter-attacking football.

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Love the 'Justin Credible' name your using; I remember the WWE guy who used that name years ago.

Unless that is actually your real name?!?!?

It's been my FM-persona for as long as I can remember. Don't know where I stole it from, but didn't know about that guy. He looks like a douche :)

Along with the continual system crashes and freezing of the continue game so that it doesnt leave when the game comes back in play. I get routinely hammered by Spurs, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. Just lost 7-0 to Liverpool and 5-0 to Arsenal in the game before. 

Update also seems to have ruined my tactics which is fairly normal. 

First season Liverpool won the league second season Spurs won it, how are they so over rated every year?

Edited by Nicho

14 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

So what was your point behind "good grief its a database" then? For one it isn't but it wouldn't matter too much anyway would it?

Just an old rant as i just cannot play this or my wife would divorce me!:)

12 games into my first season with Villa and we have been taken over by a consortium... my position is under consideration. Thankfully i'm on a 5 game unbeaten run, and climbed up to 14th recently, so need to continue this form. They said in the process of the takeover they wanted to appoint Hierro, and he was spotted in the stands of my last game, a 3-1 away win at Norwich.

Could be trouble ahoy!

Edited by villan-scott

Â