Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

Just picked the game up after trying to wait out until i complete some of my backlog....

Not a bad start. Made no transfers in and only a few out.

76NfNjh.png?1

Edited by Daniel

Not a bad start.

That's a bit of an understatement! How are you playing?

I'm having more fun with this then any other FM. Watching the games under the microscope now and making changes based on what I see in the highlights and the prozone tool, which is excellent btw. It's so rewarding when you can see what the other team is doing and make changes to stop them or exploit them, and it actually works. The first three seasons I finished 6th, 3rd and 2nd. Overall it's was great seasons, but I frequently got stuck against some teams, and won matches through luck and individual brilliance from players, rather than good tactical management. But this season I'm paying more attention and I'm absolutely battering teams. When I do lose it's usually down to an off day, not converting chances and conceding from howlers, but they happen quite rarely, and as long as I'm consistently playing better then the other teams I have no worries.

This just happen as well

TZ0VjOa.png

I'm trying to play like Leicester do. High tempo and attack. Not really keeping many clean sheets, but managing to outscore and its working well. Ayew and adama are my main stars right now.

That's how I started as well. Counter and a solid defensive shape, 4141 and 4411. It's taken a while, but now in the 4th season I'm finally able to control games with a high d-line and short passing playing a 4231. I'm still using countering tactics when away and against good sides though.

I misread... Attacking mentality? And you are not getting murdered against the likes of City and Arsenal?

Edited by tarjei

I'm finding it fun this year even though I'm 15th, because I'm trying to perfect my own tactics and building my own team I don't really mind struggling plus Villa start as a challenge. I think the game can be easily exploited in the beta stage and certain things work better than they perhaps should (not saying that's how any of you have done well!).

I also think Villa should be a challenge in the first year or two and finishing 1st in the first season should simply not be possible imo, makes the game seem a bit easy and unrealistic.

any suggestions about which striker to buy for Villa in the first season?

Diafra Sakho is available for loan, looks decent and is probably better than anything at Villa at the start. Depends what you've got to spend really. In my game I've gone for working on the back 4 and GK as I usually tend too.

GhbSZUX.png

It's going great in the 4th season, but Chelsea is just amazingly consistent... look at their goal difference! Their only loss was to Villa though... grabbed a goal on the counter and did a job on them on the captial cup final :)

Â