Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

Villa job is easier this year, Half decent squad and board expectation is to avoid relegation. Still no money though.

The squad is actually decent for a change.

3 hours ago, V01 said:

Villa job is easier this year, Half decent squad and board expectation is to avoid relegation. Still no money though.

The squad is actually decent for a change.

Absolutely, lack a striker but everywhere else is decent enough to survive comfortably.

Started a game as villa this time around. Not really got into FM since 13, but fancied giving villa a good go with a decent squad to start. 

Just building my back room team and scouts, tweaking training and tactics. Not signed anyone yet, anyone recommend a striker or right back?

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Anyone had any consortium nonsense on their saves? Despite being 5th position and blowing away all expectations I get messages about consortiums about to take over and appoint so and so as their manager. I'll be so annoyed if that happens.

It never seems to happen.

I haven't bought football manager since about 2011 so these might be stupid questions - how do you sack staff? How do you offer a player a contract? I can't seem to do anything at all. I'm using Leeds and I'm now wondering if my computer just isn't up to scratch. Are the "contract" and "interaction" tabs and the like supposed to have dropdown menus where the little arrow is? It just shows details of current contracts and past interactions. I'm not really sure what I'm doing...

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I haven't bought football manager since about 2011 so these might be stupid questions - how do you sack staff? How do you offer a player a contract? I can't seem to do anything at all. I'm using Leeds and I'm now wondering if my computer just isn't up to scratch. Are the "contract" and "interaction" tabs and the like supposed to have dropdown menus where the little arrow is? It just shows details of current contracts and past interactions. I'm not really sure what I'm doing...

Click on the player, go to contract along the top, click the arrow and then and click 'offer new contract'.

Works the same for terminating a staff contract.

I'm in the 6th season now. Have won the league twice, Europa league once, Fa cup once and the Capital cup twice. Struggling against the better sides in the CL.

Got a £260m budget, but very little room for wages due to FFP. Every first team player I try to sign wants £200k pr week or more and a ton of big clauses and bonuses, so I can't really strengthen the first team immediately.

It's a bit hard taking that final step towards the top (without a super tactic). Got all the money I need but can't spend it, and I'm having to rely on bringing youngsters through.

5 minutes ago, Spoony said: I haven't bought football manager since about 2011 so these might be stupid questions - how do you sack staff? How do you offer a player a contract? I can't seem to do anything at all. I'm using Leeds and I'm now wondering if my computer just isn't up to scratch. Are the "contract" and "interaction" tabs and the like supposed to have dropdown menus where the little arrow is? It just shows details of current contracts and past interactions. I'm not really sure what I'm doing...

Click on the player, go to contract along the top, click the arrow and then and click 'offer new contract'.

Works the same for terminating a staff contract.

Ah see I don't have that option. Either my computer isn't up to scratch or my game is a bit of a dud. Everything else works fine except the drop down menus buy that makes it unplayable

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ah see I don't have that option. Either my computer isn't up to scratch or my game is a bit of a dud. Everything else works fine except the drop down menus buy that makes it unplayable

You can right click on the players name in your squad and do it that way.....

1 hour ago, tarjei said:

I'm in the 6th season now. Have won the league twice, Europa league once, Fa cup once and the Capital cup twice. Struggling against the better sides in the CL.

Got a £260m budget, but very little room for wages due to FFP. Every first team player I try to sign wants £200k pr week or more and a ton of big clauses and bonuses, so I can't really strengthen the first team immediately.

It's a bit hard taking that final step towards the top (without a super tactic). Got all the money I need but can't spend it, and I'm having to rely on bringing youngsters through.

That's why in the first few seasons when there are no expecations at Villa I get rid of all the aging has beens and pretty much everyone I sign is young and full of potential.

Finished 9th first season after being 2nd at one point, conceding so many just caught up with me in the end after a brilliant 20 game run where I lost only 2-3 times. Think i'll have to do some reading up and make a decent new tactic for my second season, one where I don't concede so easily.

Yeah, that's what I do too.... I just haven't got the world class type players that can give me an edge against the likes of Real M, Barca and Bayern. Came close last season but lost on away goals 4-4 to Real Madrid. They seem to just play along for a while and tease me with a goal or two and then murder my team at will when they need to :)

Got some great talents breaking through in the team though, the guy below being the best one. He got 37 goals in 26 starts and 20 sub appearances last season, so this season he's gonna be the main man. Suliman, Grealish, Amavi is still in my team and Andre Green is a rotation player.

VPRnXCk.png

Â