Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

for youth players, i prefer raiding walsall, wolves and albion, i tend to loan alot of youths out also

im not sure which keeper to buy, olejnik, myhill or henderson (all ex villa youths)

Edited by AndyBM

finally got this

managed to get 3.5m for n zogbia, 5m for westwood and 1.8m for hutton. got defour in and some unknown rb in who cant remember his name

beat west ham 1-0 first game then bloody lost 2-0 against liverpool (goals in 89th and 90 minute) annoying

Just started a new save in this.. 

I normally gut the Villa team and improve it tenfold in a single window but this time I wanted to play the hand I am dealt, try and get Sherwoods band of shit to work.

I am three games in;

First game: Aston Villa 4 - 0 Norwich (Ayew [2], Sinclair, Traore)

- Absolute domination, 60% of the possession. Had spent all of pre-season focusing on fitness and ball control.

Second game: Swansea 2 - 0 Aston Villa (Shelvey, Gomis)

- Swansea scored 2 in the opening 6 minutes, Aston Villa dominated the rest but couldn't convert chances.

Third game: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Man City (Sanchez)

- I spent 80 minutes containing Man City, made two tactical subs brought on Gil and Traore. 81st minute Traore cross to Sanchez who scored.

So three games in I'm optimistic. 3rd in the table with each match so far having Villa as the dominant/controlling team despite the unfortunate loss to Swansea.. Considering my remit for the season was to avoid relegation this has started incredibly well. 

Managing Ajax on this game is so frustrating. Every pre season I have spend most of it rejecting transfer offers, dealing with pissy players who think they should be allowed to leave and agents who want a new contract for their client every single time an offer is turned down.

It's tiresome.

Edited by sexbelowsound

put silly money releases in their contract, works a treat until you burnt.

twice in a month for me, Jonathan Calleri went to PSG for 65m the a fortnight later Traore went to Barca for 67m, slightly better was the 24.5m I got for a rotation player signed on a free and the 21m rising to 28m for Timo Horn after I raided a relegated Stoke for Butland. Healthy bank balance and a reserve squad full of 16-18 year old regens I've poached. Suliman has developed into a regular in the England squad.

at the very beginning, put all your players on looong contracts, they cant do sh*t then.

also, im guessing im the only one who cheats (a little) then? ;-)

Going by some of the screenshots in here i dont think your the only one [emoji6]

15 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Managing Ajax on this game is so frustrating. Every pre season I have spend most of it rejecting transfer offers, dealing with pissy players who think they should be allowed to leave and agents who want a new contract for their client every single time an offer is turned down.

It's tiresome.

I refuse to deal with agents whenever possible and then tell the player that you will accept a bid for them if it matches your valuation which the player is happy with. I then stick thier valuation at a crazy high amount and it usually scares the other team away, you do risk them bidding a low amount that the player will decide is high enough but it works for me more often than not.

Set your LOD as high as possible as well as it helps stop them whinging over trivial matters.

• Like 1

On my inter game last night Qatar got kicked off the World Cup, it's gone to Argentina due to scheduling reasons

Don't remember it happening on my arsenal game

That won't make them many friends, wonder if it's the games coping mechanism because they don't know how to re-jig all the fixtures

On 12/30/2015 at 10:45, villa4europe said:

On my inter game last night Qatar got kicked off the World Cup, it's gone to Argentina due to scheduling reasons

Don't remember it happening on my arsenal game

That won't make them many friends, wonder if it's the games coping mechanism because they don't know how to re-jig all the fixtures

Last year they said Shakhtar moving back into stadium in 2016 which is a wild guess

maybe lads at Sports Interactive know the future

Â