Great Villa defeats

Zatman

Strange title but watching highlights of Newcastle 4-3 from 96 I think and was going start a thread of really good Villa performances that ended in a defeat as we have had a few in the past

Atletico Madrid over 2 legs springs to mind and I also remember a game at Riverside under DOL that we absolutely battered MIddlesboro and lost 3-0 

3-4 defeat at home to Charlton in the 98/99, was one hell of a game. 

We'd have won that if the ref had the balls to send Danny Mills off for an awful challenge in the second half - he was on a yellow and I think went on to score the winner.

The details are gone but I'm still a bit angry; if anyone wants to know why football is different to other sports, the answer's in there.

Atletico for me. Cocede early, out of it. And then with 20 minutes to Taylor and Collymore in 2 minutes, bang bang and we're back in it. Then Hendrie has that great chance saved. So close. When the UEFA Cup mattered as well...

I remember when I was younger, probably around 2001-2002 time we played man u at home and had about 25 shots and millered them all game. Think United had 3 shots, 1 on target and bloody won 1-0. Think it was something wierd as well like a Beckham header winner 

I remember when I was younger, probably around 2001-2002 time we played man u at home and had about 25 shots and millered them all game. Think United had 3 shots, 1 on target and bloody won 1-0. Think it was something wierd as well like a Beckham header winner 

think I remember that game, Im sure Taylor was in charge and Barry and also remember Hadji having a great game

think I remember that game, Im sure Taylor was in charge and Barry and also remember Hadji having a great game

If we're thinking about the same game then yes I was there. I recall Postma playing in goal and Beckham scoring a tap in. Hadji had an absolute stormer, he was played basically as a forward. Strange how he didn't feature much that season. 

If we're thinking about the same game then yes I was there. I recall Postma playing in goal and Beckham scoring a tap in. Hadji had an absolute stormer, he was played basically as a forward. Strange how he didn't feature much that season. 

Haji hit the crossbar with a header from the edge of the box if I remember. Gutted we lost, deserved so much more

My first Villa match -- and only one in person, at the Hawthorns on Dec. 21, 1974. Was with my English cousins and uncles. Changed my life ...

Starting lineup:
Goalkeeper - Jim Cumbes
Defender - Ian Ross
Defender/Centre back - Chris Nicholl
Defender/Midfielder - Leighton Phillips
Full back - John Robson
Left back - Charlie Aitken
Midfielder - Chico Hamilton
Forward - Bobby Campbell
Forward - Brian Little
Winger - Ray Graydon
Winger - Frank Carrodus