Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

44 minutes ago, KSV said:

Surely they cannot afford his wages. We will probably still have to pay him. What Muppet gave this guy a 2 year deal

animated video photobucket show muppet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I started this thread so by rights I get to decide to burn it to ashes when he's gone right?

If you lot want to start another thread to discuss his progress feel free. I'll be done with him. 

Just went back and read the first page of your thread. Its funny how the pendulum of opinion swings.

AJ. I fully agree with you in the transfer speculation thread. In case Gary Monk or any Leeds fans should lurk, I just want to say that signing Lescott on a free is an absolute steal. To us fans, this man is on a par with McGrath , Mellberg, Laursen. His determination, commitment, will to win, second to none. He will be your new Radebe. As the link hit the news, I personally was troubled at the prospect of losing Lescott but should he go then despite his age, you'd be signing someone who goes above and beyond in every game and worth every penny of his wages. Such is the respect I have for Lescott, himself a Villa fan, and all he has done for the club, I would even drive him myself, free of charge, to any medical. I have a lot of boot space in my car if necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

AJ. I fully agree with you in the transfer speculation thread. In case Gary Monk or any Leeds fans should lurk, I just want to say that signing Lescott on a free is an absolute steal. To us fans, this man is on a par with McGrath , Mellberg, Laursen. His determination, commitment, will to win, second to none. He will be your new Radebe. As the link hit the news, I personally was troubled at the prospect of losing Lescott but should he go then despite his age, you'd be signing someone who goes above and beyond in every game and worth every penny of his wages. Such is the respect I have for Lescott, himself a Villa fan, and all he has done for the club, I would even drive him myself, free of charge, to any medical. I have a lot of boot space in my car if necessary. 

Spoiler

As long as it doesn't backfire. If Tony reads this, he might fight to keep him. What might seem like nth degree sarcasm to an unaware Villa fan, actually has intent. It is quite common practice for fans from rival clubs to peruse our forum to gauge our reaction to the possibility of losing one of our players to them, and then making a decision if it is a good bit of business. If they are silly enough to get sucked in, they may even pressure their club to get it done, making us very happy. The same mad method was done for someone else, I cant remember, so probably no one important. Oh, and don't bother driving him anywhere, he has got a brand new car.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Fair play to DDID for holding his hands up, a lesson in the dangers of hyperbole. 

Hear hear. I am still a noob here, but I would certainly would have been someone praising his arrival too.

40 minutes ago, KSV said:

RDM is a good man.

The Villa boss also confirmed Joleon Lescott can leave the club with Leeds United interested.

“It’s correct that I told the player he can look for a club.”

He best get his phone on the case.

• Like 1

If we can get rid maybe he can be the club chauffeur and spend hi time driving these players we are getting rid of to their new clubs. I mean we always say we'd drive them ourselves but if he did it it would save us the trouble and petrol money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

If we can get rid maybe he can be the club chauffeur and spend hi time driving these players we are getting rid of to their new clubs. I mean we always say we'd drive them ourselves but if he did it it would save us the trouble and petrol money

He would make an awesome Uber driver. How he defends, he at least knows how to give way.

Â