Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

They would still have to pay the flat footed bastard though, which would be less than appealing.

MLS were interested in January it seems

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Then why didnt we sell him? idiots!!

I think the manager took the opinion we weren't going to buy anyone in January so what was the point in selling?

19 minutes ago, Richard said:

I think the manager took the opinion we weren't going to buy anyone in January so what was the point in selling?

Both the club and the manager made poor decisions in January. I said at the time we should have sold Lescott and Richards while there was interest. 

To be fair with regards to us not selling him in January for a brief period (December/January) he was actually our best defender and scoring a couple of goals.

Up to this point he hadn't been a complete knob, just a bit shit.

45 minutes ago, Richard said:

MLS were interested in January it seems

No it was JLS who were looking for an extra member to reform.

(I now realise the use of member unintentionally implies that Lescott is a penis, which is ironic really, but I take no responsibility for this as my pocket wrote this post)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Whatever happens I hope we can draw a line under the booing this season.  It will not be constructive at all and there was a bit of it at Bristol Rovers last week.

said in another thread I dont think it will go away. if same clowns start season and we make a poor start vs Wednesday which is possible then I could see knives come out in 1st or 2nd home game

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

said in another thread I dont think it will go away. if same clowns start season and we make a poor start vs Wednesday which is possible then I could see knives come out in 1st or 2nd home game

If we start the season with the squad we currently have its going to be way to similar to last season, people will lose their temper really quickly i recon. It will be like last season never ended.

hopefully we will see some more signings and the back of some of the deadweight, regadless of what we do in the window i dont see our team hitting the ground running, its going to take time. But with some fresh blood i think supporters will be more inclined to give them time.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Well well well, I should have known better than to get my hopes up when I saw this thread bumped.

I am with you buddy. Butterflies and everything when I saw it.

I vote this gets locked until his contract runs out so spare the sinking feeling.

Start the party....

Lescott linked with Leeds

Former England defender Joleon Lescott followed then unfollowed the official Leeds Twitter account on Wednesday night in a major hint that he could be joining the club from Aston Villa.

(I dont care how unreliable the source is)

• Like 2

Â