• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

3 games played, 1 goal scored. Totally unacceptable.

We lost 2-1, not 2-0.
Did we score the goal? No, it was an own goal. Wake up and smell the coffee pal.

The goal counts as a Villa goal does it not? Are own-goals now worth less or something? Must've missed that one.

What are you going on about? I'm not trying to defend the result or the performance, just pointing out that we've scored 2 goals this season, not 1.

This always was going to be a season of transition....The worry for me is that there doesn't seem to be any end yet, to individual errors that lead to goals against.....our defensive work as a team is very iffy.

one aspect alone ....when we get caught in possession there is usually one outcome ,we lose it and get punished.....its this fundamental stuff that needs to improve.....all Benteke did was cover all this stuff over by scoring goals to bail us out.....as has been said we are far too open.

Some encouraging individual performances in a new team that is still sorting itself out. We don't even know our best 11 yet and it will take time.

Sanchez was excellent, Grealish very good, Westwood solid, Gana good, Traore - blimey. Pretty sure Gabby is being given enough rope to hang himself and will be benched soon.

Worryingly light of ability up front but don't think we have cash to buy a very good striker off the shelf. I trust Sherwood to find a solution using what we have to best effect.

We'll get there and be a very effective side by Christmas.

• Like 1

Guzan - 6 - Good shot stopper I guess

Bacuna - 5 - Bad

Amavi - 4 - Terrible, not just for the goal

Richards - 7 - Thought he was good

Clark - 5 - At fault for both goals

Sanchez - 8 - Best Villa player, no idea why he was subbed other than his fitness

Westwood - 6 - Didn't do much wrong. Or good. Typical

Gueye - 5 - Surely locked somewhere in the locker room at half time?

Gabby - 3 -

Gestede - 6 - Got little service.

Grealish - 7 - Very good first half. Bad 2nd  

Adama - 9 - Very sharp in limited minutes. Hope he starts in place of Gabby against that slow Sunderland back line. If fit enough obv.

Sherwood - 5 - Thought he set the team up well but failed to react to the moves Pardew made for the 2nd half. He's learning, so got a good lesson today hopefully. No idea what he was thinking subbing off our best player. 

Some encouraging individual performances in a new team that is still sorting itself out. We don't even know our best 11 yet and it will take time.

Sanchez was excellent, Grealish very good, Westwood solid, Gana good, Traore - blimey. Pretty sure Gabby is being given enough rope to hang himself and will be benched soon.

Worryingly light of ability up front but don't think we have cash to buy a very good striker off the shelf. I trust Sherwood to find a solution using what we have to best effect.

We'll get there and be a very effective side by Christmas.

You would hope so but he does seem to lead a charmed life

Not seen anything, but that's an appalling result.

And this is a results business Tim.

2-1 away at Palace is far from an appalling result, especially if you haven't seen anything.

2-1 Palace would have been a popular prediction pre match amongst most with out the old Claret and Blue glasses.

2nd half was an absolute shambles bar Adama's 5 minute spell (Which was incredibly promising)

Best players were Grealish and Sanchez, things have really got to improve in an attacking sense though. 

We lost 2-1, not 2-0.
Did we score the goal? No, it was an own goal. Wake up and smell the coffee pal.

The goal counts as a Villa goal does it not? Are own-goals now worth less or something? Must've missed that one.

What are you going on about? I'm not trying to defend the result or the performance, just pointing out that we've scored 2 goals this season, not 1.

Our ability to score goals ourselves is in question. Villa players have scored 1 goal in 3 games. Is that easier for you to comprehend?

We lost 2-1, not 2-0.

Our ability to score goals ourselves is in question. Villa players have scored 1 goal in 3 games. Is that easier for you to comprehend?

I agree completely that the lack of a goalscorer is concerning. I have never ever tried to deny that so cut out the "wake up and smell the coffee" crap.

Your original statement was "3 games played 1 goal scored" - that is wrong becuase we've scored 2 goals. Is that so hard for you to comprehend?

Gabby is a waste of space and has been for quite a while. We should just ditch him and play someone that is actually a footballer and not a 'has been' 100 metre sprinter.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 2

Â