Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

This thread....

Behemoth.jpg

Fun, ain't it?  Entertaining, you could say.

But no let's get Pulis or Allardyce in.  We all know the Dodgems is where the real thrills lie.  Bish bash bosh.

Incidentally, the above image, future devastating Grealish move heat map.  You heard it here first.

Great game for a 46 year old  - (he aint the most fresh faced of characters is he..)

Question is, if Adama is fit and healthy for Liverpool, who starts in that outside right/ right wing position? (dont say Gabby)

Westwood.    Sanchez.

Traore.            Veretout.          Grealish.

Ayew.

That looks pretty good, and quite strong. Imagine if we had Gueye fit and in there instead of Westwood.

Great game for a 46 year old  - (he aint the most fresh faced of characters is he..)

Question is, if Adama is fit and healthy for Liverpool, who starts in that outside right/ right wing position? (dont say Gabby)

Westwood.    Sanchez.

Ayew.

That looks pretty good, and quite strong. Imagine if we had Gueye fit and in there instead of Westwood.

Probably our strongest side and one I hope we see soon.

• Like 1

Westwood.    Sanchez.

Ayew.

With the back 4 we finished with last night?

Westwood.    Sanchez.

Ayew.

With the back 4 we finished with last night?

yeah probably, maybe Hutton in an rb and okore once he's fully back.

Fair point Hanoivillan. But he is a central striker, is it not better to play him in his favoured position now his fitness/confidence seems to be improving?

I agree with your point regarding constantly straying offside against Notts County, but let's face it, he was simply rubbish in that game, I don't know what has happened in the last week or so, maybe it was all just down to fitness, whatever it was he looked like a different player last night so I wouldn't be against giving him another shot in his favoured CF position.

Out of interest, how do you know its his favored position?

I don't personally watch french football mate, When we signed him the General consensus was that he was a Center forward. 

Never mind his aggression and skill, his tracking back was amazing last night. Really impressive performance, hopefully he has turned the corner and can keep that level up.

Absolutely, brilliant commitment though I don't think he's turned the corner just yet. I text my brother twice when he came on, 'Gabby off, new Gabby on', and then a minute later 'Actually, he looks bloody up for this'

From the early games it was pretty obvious he was nervous and didn't want to make a mistake, I think that still remains as his passing is measured rather than natural and his shooting is shy. Playing against a lower level team probably helped, he looked comfortable on the ball (I wonder if he saw Mahrez and thought, I can bloody do that) and his body positioning was much improved.

Good to see him having a shot, and what a cross from the right! But he needs game time to build his confidence and understanding of his position and our odd tactics. It won't be like it was at Lorient, though I do see him playing a similar link up role, but I do think he is going to take some more time to settle properly, unlike the whirlwind that is Amavi.

I'm looking forward to seeing his progression.

• Like 1

Grealish, Traore, Ayew, and to an extent Veretout and Gil are all young and (injuries notwithstanding) will need to have breaks so I would expect them to be rotated in and out through the season.  I don't think we'll see them all together often if at all this season.  Especially if we stay in the Cups.

Thought he worked really hard last night! Tracking back (as was mentioned) was great to see. I also noticed how vocal he was. I think at one point he was shouting at Bacuna a fair bit, maybe because of a wayward pass or something, great to see that! Thought it showed a bit of passion and desire. He seemed to really tighten up that right side last night. 

Fair point Hanoivillan. But he is a central striker, is it not better to play him in his favoured position now his fitness/confidence seems to be improving?

I agree with your point regarding constantly straying offside against Notts County, but let's face it, he was simply rubbish in that game, I don't know what has happened in the last week or so, maybe it was all just down to fitness, whatever it was he looked like a different player last night so I wouldn't be against giving him another shot in his favoured CF position.

Out of interest, how do you know its his favored position?

I don't personally watch french football mate, When we signed him the General consensus was that he was a Center forward. 

Ah Ok. Well from what I know you're right in the sense that we signed him from a team where he had been playing in that position however I know that when he was at Marsielle he played a lot in the position he played last night whilst his brother played just behind the strikers and sometimes slightly further back.

But Gil :(

Any reason why Gil, Grealish and Traore cant be the three behind Ayew with Gestede on the bench?

When (if) all are fit I could see him using Traore then Gil off the bench for impact or even visa versa. In the same way that he should be using Gabby - who isn't good enough over 90, but he would still scare the **** out of tired defenders if he came on at say 60 mins. I am all for starting Ayew up front but do we know how he would do? From what I can see it is not a role he has played.

For me our perfect starting Midfield would be:

Gana

Veretout                                       Westwood/Sanchez

Traore (Gill off the bench)                                                                   Grealish (Gabby off the bench)     

Gana could switch with Westwood/Sanchez.

But I am really not certain who should lead the line. Unfortunately I think he will persist with Gabby - though I would prefer to see him starting as an impact sub. Although Ayew was really impressive against sha he wasn't playing as an out and out striker. Gestede scored a great header v sha but was generally poor.

Will be interesting to see if Sherwood gives Ayew a chance to lead the line.

Looked a different player. Maybe the problem was fitness?

Previously he's looked slow and clumsy. Last night he looked quick and sharp. A real handful.

Looking forward to him progressing.

That and he took a little too long on the ball, or didn't shield the ball when in trouble. Last night he was quicker to release and also held it up really well. I guess fitness would play a part in his ability to do this through fatigue.

Looked good last night. I'm dreaming of seeing Grealish, Gil, and Traore behind Ayew at some point with them all interchanging!

Sinclair, Gabby and Gestede as impact subs! 

I think that is too weak, and would be a recipe for a beating. You have to think of the midfield.

Â