Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

The problem is Mark we are not yet a good enough team to bed someone in. If, as most presume we are going to be in and around the bottom of the table, we need everyone "on it".

I'm really not sure this lad is going to get the time to settle in.

If people actually check out the SKY interview, Tim said he brought GIL off because he was struggling with an injury and they wanted to protect him.

Which is fair. But then, Clark or Veretout should have come on. 

I know it's early, but I'm pretty much at a point where I'm fairly happy to write Ayew off and I don't really there's much chance of me eating humble pie. I mean, we'll see, but he's shown absolutely nothing whatsoever so far. Tonev-like contributions. 

If people actually check out the SKY interview, Tim said he brought GIL off because he was struggling with an injury and they wanted to protect him.

Subbing off Gil was not the bad decision, it was bringing on Ayew to replace him. We all knew that Gil was struggling for fitness, and when you have a 2-0 lead, you want to bring on a more defensive midfielder like Veretout. 

I seem to be coming across as an Ayew fan, I am not in any way, but the premature, scapegoating opinion on this thread is embarrassing?

The lads only played a handful of games, and today the play just didn't get to him. I think only a Maradonna one man team performance would kept our sharks at a bay today. We are all pissed off at losing from 2 up but it's just notAyews fault!

• Like 2

I'm putting him down as one for next season now. A bit like Petrov when he first came.

This. Totally agree. You can't write him off already. 

Lets assume he's not going to give us anything this season and only bring him on as a sub in games we are winning 2-0....oh wait a minute.....

I seem to be coming across as an Ayew fan, I am not in any way, but the premature, scapegoating opinion on this thread is embarrassing?

The lads only played a handful of games, and today the play just didn't get to him. I think only a Maradonna one man team performance would kept our sharks at a bay today. We are all pissed off at losing from 2 up but it's just notAyews fault!

Its not scapegoating though mate its just discussing his contribution (or lack of) 

I know he's only had a few opportunities but I've never gone with the logic that you need to give a player x amount of time before judging him (I know your not saying that).

If I played a Premier League match everyone watching would, after about 3mins correctly make the judgement that I am simply not good enough, I'm not sure why as fans we are supposed to wait for a period of time before forming an opinion. I hope to God I'm wrong but I simply can not see anything that leads me to believe he will be a success.

I'm putting him down as one for next season now. A bit like Petrov when he first came.

Let's just hope we are still in the Premier League next season, eh?  We've dropped points in games we needed to take points from already, now we come to a run of fixtures against opposition who should expect to beat us.  We could be adrift by November and with the mental strength this lot have we many never recover.  Ayew needs to step up and he needs to do it quickly. 

This. Totally agree. You can't write him off already. 

Lets assume he's not going to give us anything this season and only bring him on as a sub in games we are winning 2-0....oh wait a minute.....

The thing with Petrov, and others that take time to settle is that you can see something is there. You know there is a player in there somewhere and understand its going to take a bit of time for that to shine through. With this guy I just don't see anything that makes me think he'll be ok in a few months/years.

Aston Villa have formally submitted a €10m offer for Lorient striker Jordan Ayew, excluding bonuses.

For the time being, Lorient have yet to respond to the offer.

Aston Villa have formally submitted a €10m offer for Lorient striker Jordan Ayew, excluding bonuses.

For the time being, Lorient have yet to respond to the offer.

if only we could turn back time. 

Complete dud. And an expensive one.

Â