Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Anyone else get a Dean Martin earworm when they say Oulare? No? Just me then.

... well not until you mentioned it! :angry:

If I can infect just one person then I feel my job is done :thumb:

Make that two. You swine!

Anyone else get a Dean Martin earworm when they say Oulare? No? Just me then.

... well not until you mentioned it! :angry:

If I can infect just one person then I feel my job is done :thumb:
Make that two. You swine!
Me too now!

And aint that a kick in the head...

^^ these are for you villan501

;)

Funny how he used a full stop, but you didn't. :P

Should actually have been a ? though.

I'd like to contribute some '''''' and ,,,,,, and maybe the odd ; and :

The deal is done before the medical which was 3 or 4 days ago now. I'm not sure this is going to happen. Maybe another club has stepped or possibly Levy having second thoughts looking at the other players we've signed. 

Maybe Levy is beginning to see us as a bit of a growing threat with all our shiny new players.....

Edited by Gary Thomas

Not this again. We can't loan Januzaj. I dont remember why though.

Yes we can. We couldn't loan him last January because we had Cleverly on loan from Man U and AFAIK you can't loan more than one player from another premier league club.

Not this again. We can't loan Januzaj. I dont remember why though.

Yes we can. We couldn't loan him last January because we had Cleverly on loan from Man U and AFAIK you can't loan more than one player from another premier league club.

What does that mean? Showing my age here...

I could honestly see this one dragging out till the end of the window. Spurs want to sell, villa want to buy - the delay just smacks of brinksmanship between Levy, who's looking to offload as much of Adebayor's fat wages as possible, and Villa who trying to pay as little as possible. Right now I would say Spurs would like to sell more than villa need to buy so I think it will get sorted out, but the longer it drags on the more desperate things will get until somebody accepts the offer or counter-offer on the table. 

• Like 2

When folk remind you that by haggling you could be in danger of losing the player.

In the Adebayor case it maybe the more it drags on .....spurs are in danger of losing a sale.

It's all about knowing the value of your asset.

At the end of the day....its sensible that he is with the manager who can get him to play.

• Like 1

Considering he was at BMH you'd of thought it was pretty much done. Surely must be haggling over the percentage the clubs will pay towards his 100k a week?

That's a decent assumption... and don't call me Shirley.

If we hadn't signed gestede I think we'd be in a much worse position at the negotiating table. As it is we have 5 strikers, could do with ade but it won't be the end of the world if we don't get him, hopefully this will force Levy's hand. Was talking to a spuds fan about who he'd pick over ade and berba. He said ade's main problem was focus, berba - motivation, but if he had to have one it would be the Bulgarian.

It's from twitter...but apparently Sunday express are running a story that spurs will pay his entire wage????....surely they'd just keep him if that were the case. ...

If that was the case it would involve a hefty loan fee, eg £4m which in effect woud cover most of his wages for the year.

That may suit us more as we would have a higher transfer budget than a wage budget, plus other players at the club can't moan wanting parity to £100k/week

• Like 1